A week of symfony #52 (24->30 december 2007)
This is the last weekly summary of 2007, an incredible year for symfony. Next year will be even better with the release of new versions of symfony, hundreds of new plugins and thousands of new websites built with our favorite framework.
Thanks for being there and for supporting symfony during this year.
Development mailing list
- r6690: [1.1] added sfWebRequest::getPreferredCulture()
- r6713: [1.1] simplified sfCompat10Plugin config
- r6721: [1.1] removed i18n.yml configuration file (removed i18n.yml file, moved i18n configuration to factories.yml, moved default culture to settings.yml, updated UPGRADE file)
- r6723: [1.1] added functional tests for view escaping
- r6727, r6728: [trunk, 1.1] added action and module name to the log when an action does not exist (closes #2516)
- r6729: [1.1] fixed sfPropelDatabase generate wrong configuration on multiple datasource (closes #2267)
- r6740, rhttp://trac.symfony-project.com/changeset/6741: [1.0, 1.1] fixed sequences bug for postgresql (closes #2584)
- r6748: [1.1] added sfValidatorFile (added sfValidatorFile validator, added support for files in sfForm, deprecated all file related methods of sfWebRequest, moved mime_types to sfCompat10Plugin)
- r6761, 6762: [1.0, 1.1] fixed content type charset on non text/* content-type (closes #1811, #1968)
- r6763, r6764: [1.0, 1.1] fixed logic error in sfPager class affects haveToPaginate() method (closes #1512)
- r6768, r6769: [1.0, 1.1] added mime types caching in sfWebRequest (closes #1846)
- r6805: [1.1] fixed sfPropelDatabase::initialize() signature (the database name is now a parameter - closes #2267)
- r6822: [1.1] moved mailer.yml config handler configuration to sfCompat10Plugin config
- r6824: [1.1] removed php.yml, replaced by check_configuration.php
- r6825: [1.1] removed date_default_timezone_get checking
- r6834: [1.0, 1.1] added a benchmark repository to test performance between symfony releases (work in progress)
- Updated dwhittle branch: refactored propel 1.3 integration, added basic connection logging for sfPDODatabase, tweaked sfCore::callBootstrap
- ...and many other changes
Development digest: 152 changesets, 14 defects created, 34 defects closed, 11 enhancements created, 21 enhancements closed, 4 documentation defects created, 18 documentation defects closed and 3 documentation edits.
Book and documentation
- Created Install Symfony Framework over lighttpd and Installing Symfony on 1and1 with PEAR pages
- Updated Symfony localised communities
- New Job Postings:
- Symfony Developer - remote position - Contact: dennyd [at] triple-d [dot] us
- Senior PHP / Symfony Developers @ GNETWORKS(M) - full-time based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia - Contact: ganesan [at] gnetworks [dot] co [dot] jp
- New developers for hire:
- Pieter Vogelaar (ps.vogelaar [at] platinadesigns.nl): freelance PHP5 developer (also XHTML/CSS/XML/AJAX) with about 5 years of experience. I live in Zoetermeer, Netherlands (Europe). I know all about the Symfony framework and have some knowledge about other PHP frameworks to.
- New symfony blogger:
- New plugins
- Updated plugins
- sfLucenePlugin: reformatted indexing code for better readability, full unit test coverage for sfLucenePropelIndexer, full coverage for sfLuceneIndexerFactor and sfLucenePropelIndexerHandler, full coverage for sfLucenePropelInitializer and sfLucenePropelBehavior, cleaned up sfLuceneHighlighterFilter parameters and removed unused FakeCategory, new internal event system (each sfLucene instance now has an internal event dispatcher for logging and mixins), updated README sample custom indexer, improved php-docs and code formatting
- sfExtjs2Plugin: upgrade to Extjs 2.0-final, added method _build_datas, replaced all call_user_func and sfExtjs2Plugin:: by self::, added possibility to load js or/and css addons/plugins, changed version to v0.58, added classes to mapping (Ext.Template, Ext.XTemplate, Ext.grid.GridView, Ext.grid.GroupingView, Ext.grid.EditorGridPanel, Ext.grid.RowSelectionModel and Ext.PagingToolbar), added handling of null values, fixed method getExtObject
- sfPropelActAsCommentableBehaviorPlugin: include I18N helper (fixes #2717)
- sfJqueryPlugin: added JSON dataType support, removed escaping from 'with' parameter
- sfExtjsThemePlugin: moved app parameters to app.yml, changed param object_action in list of generator.yml to object_context_menu, fixed renderer syntax, used sfExtjs2Plugin methods to generate Extjs code, removed ExtJS2 library (since this is already included in the sfExtjs2Plugin, on which this plugin is dependent), improved list actions
- sfPropelFileStoragePlugin: corrected README to specify enabled_modules rather than activated_modules
- sfDoctrinePlugin: handling of ENUM column types for Admin-Generated filters
- sfGeshiPlugin has been renamed to dkGeshiPlugin
- Updated documentation of sfDoctrinePlugin 1.1
Some new symfony powered websites
- Free Towns League: (russian/english) online newspaper with the motto "every citizen is a reporter".
They talked about us
- Basic config handler
- Hashbin v3 just went to public beta
- 7 Days of Symfony1.1 - Forms, Widgets and Validators (Day7)
- Reduce unneeded Propel SQL queries asking for an ID
- Using DBDesigner4 to design database for symfony application
- Trabajando con múltiples shemas de postgresql en Symfony.
- Enlaces Symfony (28-12-2007)
- Sweetie icons for Symfony Administration
- Amazon SimpleDB plugin for Symfony
- Ajax Dynamic Option List
- Por qué Symfony
- Looking back at 2007 a bit
- Una semana con Symfony #24 (17->23 diciembre 2007)
- Instalación no standard de Symfony
A week of symfony #52 (24->30 december 2007) symfony.com/blog/a-week-of-symfony-52-24-30-december-2007Tweet this
Comments are closed.
To ensure that comments stay relevant, they are closed for old posts.