A week of symfony #54 (7->13 january 2008)
Calm week for symfony framework with little core development activity. In contrast, plugins show intense activity and symfony related job postings continue growing.
Development mailing list
- r6987, r6988: [1.0, 1.1] fixed caching bug in production (closes #2764)
- r6990: [1.1] forced form tainted values and tainted files to be arrays
- r6991: [1.1] fixed schema validator when you have a field named 0 (because in PHP 0 == 'a string' returns true)
- r7010: [1.1] fixed configure:database task when databases.yml is empty
- r7011: [1.1] improved sfCallable exception message
- Updated dwhittle branch: tweaked exceptions, tweaked factories to use apc cache by default + set security.yml values (default/all), tweaked / commented factories.yml
- ...and many other changes
Development digest: 53 changesets, 18 defects created, 4 defects closed, 2 enhancements created, 1 enhancement closed, 4 documentation defects created, 2 documentation defects closed and 24 documentation edits.
Book and documentation
- Created How to convert propel schema to doctrine schema page
- Updated sfGuard plugin - extra documentacion (spanish) page
- Advances in deutsch translation of the book
- New Job Postings:
- Web developer @ WorldWeb Interactive - full-time job based in Kolding, Denmark - Contact: job [at] wwi [dot] dk
- Symfony Developer @ Abansys & Hostytec S.L. - full-time based in Valencia, Spain - Contact: rrhh [at] tusprofesionales [dot] es
- Symfony developer @ a Silicon Valley VC-funded startup - work will be done remotely on a contract basis - Contact: tliadsiobb [at] farifluset.mailexpire.com
- PHP Developer @ The NetCircle - full-time based in Shanghai, China - Contact: claude [at] thenetcircle [dot] com
- Senior PHP engineers @ Ibuildings - full-time based in Amsterdam, Vlissingen and Sittard - Contact: saskia [at] ibuildings [dot] nl
- New developers for hire:
- John Grimsey (john [at] johngrimsey.co.uk): London (UK) based PHP developer, 6+ years experience. Four Symfony projects deployed to date.
- MoCo, Inc.: a full service marketing company dedicated to agile web development and the open source movement, based in Minneapolis, MN.
- Ibuildings: The PHP Professionals: The Netherlands and UK-based company. We provide web application development, consultancy and education. Official partner of Zend.
- Stefan Koopmanschap (stefan [at] ibuildings.nl): developing in symfony since 2005, developing in PHP since 1997. Experienced Zend certified developer who is also available as consultant or for projects.
- New symfony blogger:
- New plugins
- sfForms11Plugin: provides a symfony forms 1.1 wrapper plugin for using it in symfony 1.0. As Symfony 1.1 forms/widget/validators are 100% independant from the framework, it's not a problem to use it in a symfony 1.0 project, or even in a non symfony project.
- sfPropelSqlDiffPlugin: generates diff.sql file, which contains difference beetween schema.yml and current database structure
- Updated plugins
- ddAccessibleFormPlugin: now uses SF_JQUERY_WEB_DIR if it's set versus it's own jquery, updated the documentation
- sfExtjsThemePlugin: implemented JS to prevent onBlur events, disabled event messages, improved naming for JS-variables, fixed some bugs, comboboxes now automatically resolve unloaded values
- dkAntispamPlugin: refactored spam strings regexp-ification to config handler, to avoid overhead
- sfDoctrinePlugin: updated to use 0.9 branch of Doctrine, changed to allow a user to send a dql statement as an option to the object_admin_xxx helper
- sfMDB2RestPlugin: added a method to the client to get the server URL that it is currently using
- sfJobQueuePlugin: added logger in sfJobHandler
- sfPropelActAsRatableBehaviorPlugin: french i18n XLIFF file bundled, added a commented app.yml-sample file, added a new config parameter cookie_prefix, fixed bug with custom star width configurations
- sfAuthorizeNetPlugin: updated the class to allow the use of api login id and api transaction key, adding a setter and getter for custom attributes so you can add anything you want to the transaction
- sfPropelActAsCommentableBehaviorPlugin: added messages in french, cache author name (performance improvement)
- sfPropelActAsPolymorphicBehaviorPlugin: added pake task, propel-load-pm-data for loading data from fixtures in a way that respects polymorphic keys
- sfGeocoderPlugin: fixed the way Google Maps handles Cities (at least for the US), handle country only searches much better
- sfLucenePlugin: added ability to lock the Propel behavior
- sfGuardDoctrinePlugin: added a security file for each module which would be used in the backend for editing, added a fixture file to assign all the permissions
- nahoWikiPlugin: several small fixes
- Updated documentation of sfExtjs2Plugin, sfAdvancedAdminGeneratorPlugin
Some new symfony powered websites
- ALL-TLD GmbH: (german) webhosting & DomainNameServices company located in Mannheim (BW)
- www.hma-info.de: (german) site of a reenactment group portraing medieval life in the 13th century
They talked about us
- Utilizando Partial e Components
- El lío de los plugins de Symfony
- æ ªå¼ä¼šç¤¾ãƒŠãƒ¬ãƒƒã‚¸ãƒ‡ãƒ¼ã‚¿ãƒ™ãƒ¼ã‚¹
- [PHP][ã‚ªãƒ–ã‚¸ã‚§ã‚¯ãƒˆæŒ‡å‘]ãƒ•ãƒ¬ãƒ¼ãƒ ãƒ¯ãƒ¼ã‚¯
- Community News: A Look Back at 2007
- A nice horseass named symfony....
- A symfony success story - Part I
- Een week vol symfony #53 (31 december 2007 -> 7 januari 2008)
- Convert propel schema to doctrine schema
- The status of symfony 1.1
- How to hide symfony project in subfolder
- How To: Build Your Schema from Multiple Database Connections
- sfForms11Plugin: use symfony 1.1 form/validation framework in symfony 1.0 or non-symfony project
- How to deploy PHP sites with the Pake build tool
- Báº£ng tra cá»©u Criteria, Criterion và ResultSet cá»§a propel
- symfonyã§Twitterã‚’ä½œã£ã¦ã¿ã‚‹ part1 ãƒ—ãƒã‚¸ã‚§ã‚¯ãƒˆä½œæˆ
- Phoogle usage with Symfony
- ï¼ˆä»®ï¼‰symfonyã§Twitterã‚’ä½œã£ã¦ã¿ã‚‹ part2 ãƒ†ãƒ³ãƒ—ãƒ¬ãƒ¼ãƒˆä½œæˆ
- Symfony, une redirection 302 et une exception sont dans un bateau
Comments are closed.
To ensure that comments stay relevant, they are closed for old posts.