A week of symfony #58 (4->10 february 2008)
Symfony 1.1 code continues under heavy development activity. During this week, methods, variables and constants have been added, moved or deleted throughout the code. In addition, symfony 1.1 continues adding some last minute goodies: all the great features of sfPropelAlternativeSchemaPlugin will be natively available in the next version of the framework.
Development mailing list
- Discussions about thoughts on configuration + environments + timers and help the core team save time
- r7312: [trunk] lime: added back get_php_lines + cleaned up
- r7317: [1.1] removed sf_symfony_data_dir dependency in input_date_tag() helper
- r7318: [1.1] added sfCommandApplication::getOption() method
- r7322: [1.1] removed sf_symfony_data_dir variable (a needed transition towards sfConfiguration)
- a symfony project only need to know sf_symfony_lib_dir to work
- sf_symfony_data_dir has been removed from the main config/config.php
- the main cli script has been moved to lib/command/cli.php (was data/bin/symfony.php)
- added an upgrade task to upgrade sfCore::bootstrap() signature
- updated UPGRADE file
- r7329: [1.1] changed SF_ROOT_DIR/test to SF_TEST_DIR
- r7332: [1.1] fixed project:freeze / project:unfreeze tasks
- r7333. 7336: [1.1] changed sfConfig::get('sf_root_dir') to more specific constants
- r7335: [1.1] moved lock files to cache dir
- r7341, 7342: [1.1] made a small refactoring to sfConfigCache
- r7363: [1.1] if getCurrentInternalUri() was called once with true or false, and then again with the opposite, the cached result would have been wrong
- r7370: [1.1] moved sfCore::VERSION to SYMFONY_VERSION
- r7388: [1.1] tweaked default view.yml file
- r7394: [1.1] ported sfPropelAlternativeSchemaPlugin features to 1.1 branch
- Allow a schema to override another one
- Allow behavior declaration directly in the schema
- Provide an alternative schema syntax, more object-oriented
- r7397: [1.1] added sfTask::log() and sfTask::logSection() shortcuts
- r7399: [1.1] added sfPropelData::getData() and changed propel:data-dump to dump data to standard output by default
- r7401: [1.1] replace sfTask->filesystem by sfTask->getFilesystem()
- r7426: [1.1] fixed escaping for sfPatternRouting with magic_quotes enabled
- r7428: [1.1] remove generator:controller task
- r7429: [1.1] removed index_dev.php in the skeleton
- r7430: [1.1] changed sfI18nExtract to take a sfI18N as the first argument (removed sfContext dependency)
- r7432: [1.1] refactored symfony core unit test bootstrap files
- r7434: [1.1] added an upgrade task for obsolete logging.yml and i18n.yml
- r7438: [1.1] removed sfSymfonyCommandApplication::initializeAutoloader() method
- r7442: [1.1] added sfDatabaseManager::setDatabase()
- r7452: [1.1] added sfStreamLogger
- Updated dwhittle branch: fixed test fixtures, removed data/modules, removed some default files (myUser.class.php, .htaccess), changed cookies to be url encoded by default
- ...and many other changes
Development digest: 144 changesets, 23 defects created, 22 defects closed, 4 enhancements created, 4 enhancement closed, 4 documentation defects created, 10 documentation defects closed and 20 documentation edits.
Book and documentation
- Updated sfGuard plugin - extra documentation, Installing Symfony on OVH pages
- Advances in russian and deutsch translations of the book
- New Job Postings:
- Web Services Project Officer @ Edge Hill University - 12-month contract based in Ormskirk, Lancashire, UK - Job Specification
- System Developers @ Symbiosis - full-time based in Singapore - Contact: future [at] mysymbiosis[dot] com
- Symfony Developer @ www.play.fm - freelance, halftime or fulltime, must be located in Vienna, Austria - Contact: tobias.stanzel[at] play[dot] fm
- Symfony Web Developer @ Phoenix Business Technologies Group - work at Pittsburgh, PA (United States) or teleworking - Job Specification
- Symfony Developer / Project Manager @ Invest in France Agency - full-time based in Paris, France - Contact: jobs [at] investinfrance [dot] org
- Symfony/PHP-Developer @ saltation - full-time based in Bielefeld, Germany - Contact: jobs [at] saltation [dot] de
- New plugins
- sfTinyMCEConfigPlugin: configure TinyMCE using a centralized yml configuration file.
- Updated plugins
- sfJobQueuePlugin: added sfJobQueuePeer::retrieveByQueueName shortcut, rather use sfToolkit::getPHPCli(), improved documentation, released 0.3 version (introduced sfPropelJobLogger, upgraded the graphical interface, improved job queue manager robustness), recurring jobs management improved.
- sfPropelFileStoragePlugin: fixed a bug with the cache path in the serve method, modified _link.php to use download method instead of show method so the file has the correct filename when downloaded, changed the schemas to yaml and modified setUserManagement pake task to use yaml schemas.
- sfPropel13Plugin: freezing the svn:externals because the propel people are doing some refactoring, updated documentation.
- sfLucenePlugin: released 0.1.4 version (added option to specify environment in pake tasks, added ability to define 'highlight_qs' in app.yml which fixes routing problems when a value other than the default was used, upgraded Zend_Search_Lucene to version 1.5.0PR).
- sfPropelVersionableBehaviorPlugin: created branched repository layout, removed need for hardcoded foreign key, switched plugin schema to YAML, made the doc more explicit about multiple models, added a getAllVersions method returning an array of origin objects in a single query, BC Break changes (renamed getAllVersions to getAllResourceVersions, renamed getLastVersions to getLastResourceVersion, replaced uuid by a simple composite key class name + id, added comment, created_by and created_at columns to the ResourceVersion class), added addVersion method and refactored the behavior to keep D.R.Y., added getCurrentResourceVersion, setResourceCreatedBy, getResourceCreatedBy, setResourceComment and getResourceComment methods to the public API.
- sfPropelActAsCommentableBehaviorPlugin: made the comemnt form XHTML valid, added anchors on comments, in order to ease up the access to their permalink, made stylesheets optionnal.
- sfPropelImpersonatorPlugin: added debug options, added culture options for i18n, added a check to avoid having orphans objects fetched.
- sfPropelActAsTaggableBehaviorPlugin: consider that line breaks are tags seprators.
- sfPropelActAsRatableBehaviorPlugin: some minor fixes in documentation, CSS and rating helper.
- Updated documentation of sfPropelValidatePlugin, sfMenuGeneratorPlugin and sfAmfphpPlugin.
Some new symfony powered websites
- CMC Industries: (french, english) industrial equipments manufacturer & designer
- Web project management: (english) web project management system for developers by NGW Technologies
- NGW Technologies: (english) NGW Technologies official site
- Krisz's cycle lab: (english) webshop by NGW Technologies
They talked about us
- Bad URLs Part 4: Choose your future
- symfonyã§Twitterã‚’ä½œã£ã¦ã¿ã‚‹ ç•ªå¤–ç·¨: é™çš„ãƒ¡ã‚½ãƒƒãƒ‰å†…ã§ã®ã‚¯ãƒ©ã‚¹ã‹ã‚‰ã®å‚ç…§
- Tired of setting up your presentation/testing environment?
- Voting service for SymfonyLab
- Los nuevos esquemas de datos de Symfony 1.1
- YML Vs XML Schema Files Symfony
- Restore Data When Rebuilding Model in Symfony
- MacMini et developpement PHP/MySQL (MAMP)
- Top 5 PHP Frameworks To Work On!
- Dlaczego PHP jest zÅ‚e
- Mål kvaliteten af din kode
- Framework PHP, oui mais !
- vim key mappings for php/symfony
A week of symfony #58 (4->10 february 2008) symfony.com/blog/a-week-of-symfony-58-4-10-february-2008Tweet this
Become a certified developer! Exams are online and available in all countries.Register Now
Comments are closed.
To ensure that comments stay relevant, they are closed for old posts.