A week of symfony #59 (11->17 february 2008)
The main activity of this week has been the refactorization of sfPatternRouting. Although the refactorization introduces several new features, all the modifications are backwards compatible. The new routing mechanism will be faster, more robust and much more configurable.
- r7457: [1.1] added a routing.load_configuration event
- r7463: [1.1] fixed controller generation (environment / is_debug not replaced)
- r7464: [1.1] fixed HTTP/1.0 leftover in symfony 1.1 (closes #2761)
- r7467: [1.1] added sfCommandApplication::getLongVersion() method
- r7476: [1.1] fixed typo in sfPropelBaseTask (closes #2928)
- r7480: [1.1] fixed spelling mistake in sfCrudGenerator (closes #2769)
- r7501: [1.1] added the default culture in the settings.ymk skeleton
- r7502: [1.1] fixed propel:build-schema task --xml option
- r7508: [1.1] fixed view suffix (sfView::SUCCESS only if you don't return from the action or you return null - you're now able to remove the suffix)
- r7509: [1.1] removed redundant initialize() call
- r7514: [1.1] fixed trailing slash problem in routing + made some minor tweaks
- r7516: [1.1] moved default routing suffix configuration from settings.yml to factories.yml
- r7518: [1.1] moved default_module and default_action configuration to factories.yml
- r7525: [1.1] refactored sfPatternRouting (everything is BC)
- rewrote the connect(), parse() and generate() algorithm from scratch (removed all hacks related to the suffix and the first/last /, implemented sensible rules for optional segments, parse() and generate() must be faster for typical cases)
- added more configurability to the system (now you can configure the variable prefix, the route segment separator and the acceptable character set)
- merged unit tests suite from the routing/ branch
- added unit tests for some edge cases
- Read the complete description of all modifications
- Updated dwhittle branch: fixed controller generation (for prod/dev), tweaked logging in cache tasks, merged propel 1.3 changes, upgraded phing to 2.3, tweaked propel addons for api changes + fixed fixtures, tweaked sfPatternRouting, tweaked i18n + routing to use generic cache factory.
- ...and many other changes
Development digest: 73 changesets, 25 defects created, 18 defects closed, 11 enhancements created, 3 enhancements closed, 5 documentation defects created, 5 documentation defects closed and 33 documentation edits.
Book and documentation
- Updated Symfony And PDT, Symfony 1.1 events, How to patch tables for I18n from a reverse-engineered database, How To Use FCK editor and sfDoctrine FAQ pages
- Advances in translation of Askeet tutorial to french, translated How to manage a shopping cart to spanish
- Advances in italian, russian and deutsch translations of the book
- New Job Postings:
- Junior and Senior Developer @ MTV Networks - full-time based in New York, NY - Contact: john.lianoglou [at] mtvnmix [dot] com
- Symfony/PHP Web Developer @ Inmeres Solutions Limited - full-time based in Chelmsford, Essex, United Kingdom (telecommute might be considered) - Contact: recruitment - AT - inmeres - DOT - com
- New developers for hire:
- Dave Anastasi (dave [at] east3rd [dot] com): professional web application developer and graphic designer working in the Boston area who is happy to take on part-time contract work. I work primarily with PHP and Ruby, and have successfully deployed several Symfony projects.
- Onanga: is based in France and gather a network of Symfony developers, project managers and all required web based development professionals. Onanga's network is oriented in large and complex projects as well as Rich Internet Applications and manage in both languages (french and english).
- Synalabs SARL: (français/english) based in France, Synalabs brings you expertise and experience for all your Intranet or Internet projects. Our skills include IT and Network architecture, PHP/Symfony development (since 2005) and Performance tuning for demanding websites. We can meet in Paris or happily work remotely.
- New plugins
- Updated plugins
- mqThickboxPlugin: updated documentation to show how to change the default look of the thickbox, updated the css to use the thickbox 3.1 definitions.
- sfFLVPlayerPlugin: added sfConfig::get('sf_FLVPlayer_web_dir') in helper (solves bug in IE), released 0.1.1 version.
- sfLucenePlugin: added require_once for base task (closes #2921), [1.0] fixed sfLuceneLowerCaseFilter does not handle correctly utf8 values (closes #2922).
- sfExtjsThemePlugin: major upgrade of fieldname parsing!
- sfTinyMCEConfigPlugin: added culture configuration (if not specified the current user's culture will be used), released 0.0.2 version.
- sfPropelActAsTaggableBehaviorPlugin: added getTaggedWithCriteria, enhanced documentation, added a limit to the selection of getAllWithCount().
- sfPropelActAsTaggableBehaviorPlugin: appliad patch for is_callable use (refs #2934).
- sfDoctrineSimpleCMSPlugin: changed sfDoctrine:: to Doctrine::
- sfMDB2RestPlugin: added transactions for batch processing.
- sfJobQueuePlugin: do not replace the whole job parameter array when editing one job but only the changed keys.
- sfPJSPlugin: added ability to use $this->setTemplate('differentTemplate') in the sfPJS action.
Some new symfony powered websites
- LCGB: (french, german) confederation of labour unions in Luxembourg
- www.kelev.org.il: (hebrew) Khaver, a dog shelter near Holon and Azur, Israel
They talked about us
- Een week vol symfony #58 (4 => 10 februari 2008)
- Symfony vs Zend Framework. 1- Definición del problema
- Enhancing Symfony CRUD
- Internacionalización y localización en Symfony
- Symfony El Framework PHP por excelencia
- Introdução symfony
- .htaccess and Symfony
- del.icio.us será reescrito con Symfony
- Apache,Gentoo and symfony
- La flexibilidad de Symfony en la práctica
- sfLucene quick tip: displaying categories in model results
- Melhores práticas para programar em symfony (Coding Standards)
- A symfony success story - Part II
- un petit nouveau dans la famille
- Am I Symfoniac?
- Una semana con Symfony #30 (28 enero - 3 febrero 2008)
- Una semana con Symfony #31 (4-10 febrero 2008)
- Tip #7 - Tweak Template Names
Comments are closed.
To ensure that comments stay relevant, they are closed for old posts.