A Week of Symfony #615 (8-14 October 2018)
This week development activity increased in preparation for the upcoming release of Symfony 4.2. We simplified form extensions to no longer require any configuration, improved the Finder component to allow reversing the previous sorting and added new features to the profiler to display logs context and allow to filter logs by level.
Symfony development highlights
This week, 80 pull requests were merged (57 in code and 23 in docs) and 89 issues were closed (68 in code and 21 in docs). Excluding merges, 45 authors made 5,430 additions and 4,171 deletions. See details for code and docs.
- 270f496: [Form] fixed multi-digit seconds fraction handling
- 9fdc64b: [Process] fixed locking of pipe files on Windows
- bad4867: [Console] fixed multiselect choice question defaults in non-interactive mode
- 2f0e5d7: [Security] do not deauthenticate user when the first refreshed user has changed
- f9aac64: [FrameworkBundle] added missing cache prefix seed attribute to XSD
- 60f6e91: [SecurityBundle] do not override custom access decision configs
- f89ef42: [FrameworkBundle] setting missing default paths under BC layer
- d482f0a: [WebProfilerBundle] extracted server parameters into their own tab
- c10d2c0: [WebServerBundle] added ability to display the current hostname address when binding to 0.0.0.0
- 52b7239: [Form] simplified the form type extension registration
- 51f39b9: [Cache] added CacheInterface::delete() + improve CacheTrait
- 003499d: [OptionsResolver] passed Options argument to deprecation closure
- dce8f08: [Asset] added different protocols to be allowed as asset base_url
- 331a24e: [Security] added port in access_control
- bc816da, d13141f: [Finder] added a way to inverse a previous sorting
- ea0b807: [VarDumper] allowed to use a light theme out of the box
- d3fac86: [OptionsResolver] added support for nesting options definition
- 631d718: [Form] allowed additional http methods in form configuration
- 722c816: [Validator] provided file basename for FileValidator constraint messages
- 61d336b: [WebProfilerBundle] displayed the log context in the debug pages
- 6de1577: [WebProfilerBundle] filter logs by level
- 620094a: [Cache] added support for connecting to Redis clusters via DSN
- 4a4fda5: [Process] addde "wait until callback" to process class
- 9bec1fc: [Validator] deprecated checkMX and checkHost on Email validator
Newest issues and pull requests
- [RFC] Refactor caching of Translator component
- [RFC] Change form TimezoneType to Intl sources
- Adding possibility to add custom MimeTypeGuesser in configuration
- Improve the deprecation logs in the profiler
- [RFC] redesign the way flash messages work
- [HttpFoundation] create Request from string
- [Lock] Move enforcement of Key expiry to Lock
They talked about us
- Diving into Symfony's DependencyInjection — Part 1: First steps with the container
- Diving into Symfony's DependencyInjection — Part 2: Symbiosis with the Config component
- Diving into Symfony's DependencyInjection — Part 3: Advanced uses
- Sylius Week in Lille: summary
- SymfonyLive London 2018: summary
- Gitlab-CI using Panther and Symfony 4
- Introducing and installing API Platform on your machine
- Symfony. JMS Serializer y Sonata Media
Upcoming Symfony Events
- SymfonyDay 2018: Verona, Italy (October 19, 2018)
- 13th Symfony Bucharest Meetup: Bucharest, Romania (October 25, 2018)
- Symfony Meetup Frankfurt / Nov. 2018: Frankfurt am Main, Germany (November 6, 2018)
- PHP Symfony User Group Basel: Basel, Switzerland (November 8, 2018)
- Treffen der Symfony User Group Hamburg: Hamburg, Germany (December 4, 2018)
Call to Action
- Follow Symfony on Twitter and retweet this article.
- Follow Symfony on Medium and clap for this article.
- Subscribe to the Symfony blog RSS and never miss a Symfony story again.
Comments are closed.
To ensure that comments stay relevant, they are closed for old posts.