A Week of Symfony #638 (18-24 March 2019)
This week of Symfony blog post is backed by:
This week, we unveiled an upcoming Symfony and API Platform hackathon organized by the European Union. Meanwhile, the SymfonyLive Berlin 2019 conference made a call for papers and the SymfonyLive São Paulo 2019 conference announced its first speakers. Lastly, the popular FontAwesome library added the Symfony icon to their collection.
Symfony development highlights
This week, 66 pull requests were merged (49 in code and 17 in docs) and 26 issues were closed (24 in code and 2 in docs). Excluding merges, 43 authors made 9,774 additions and 2,422 deletions. See details for code and docs.
- 860884a: [Form] fixed compatibility of assertEquals() in tests
- 059ba38: [FrameworkBundle] improve exception messages when test.client does not exist
- 029fb2e: [FrameworkBundle, HttpFoundation] made session service resettable
- f407a2b: [Form] fixed usage of TranslatorInterface in form extension
- 3b9dad4: [Form] added ResetInterface to CachingFactoryDecorator
- 1246c79: [Form] do not validate child constraints if form has no validation groups
- b296860: [Twig Bridge] fixed case when multiple loaders are providing paths for the same namespace
- 2d2cd40: debug finalized config in debug:config
- ac93c9e: [DependencyInjection] added an URL env var processor
- 603f5cf: [Workflow] added colors to workflow dumps
- b15eee9: [Messenger] added support for handling messages after current bus is finished
- bff9e68: [HttpClient] exceptions carry response
- 72fa2b3: [FrameworkBundle] deprecated the Templating component integration
- d5d1b50: [HttpClient] added MockHttpClient
- 81bf2ab: [Cache] added DSN support for redis in AbstractAdapter and RedisTrait
- 1479a26: [EventDispatcher] swap arguments of dispatch() to allow registering events by FQCN
- fc826aa: [Routing] exposed 'utf8' option, default 'locale' and 'format' in configuration
- 4574f85: [HttpKernel] added RealHttpKernel to handle requests with HttpClientInterface
- 0b2a9d5: [Finder] ignored paths from .gitignore
- 98045b1: [Workflow] added support for many inital places
- 59f20ad: [Workflow] deprecated MultipleStateMarkingStore and SingleStateMarkingStore in favor of MethodMarkingStore
- 6ff1185: [Messenger] worker events + global retry functionality
- 521d82a: [Messenger] ensure an exception is thrown when the AMQP connect() does not work
- e3970f9: [Messenger] dispatching two events when a message is sent & handled
- e512b7e: [Messenger] fixed a bug where messenger:consume could send message to wrong bus
- 22bd250: [Security] undeprecate the RoleHierarchyInterface
- 7d01aae: [HttpClient] added a ScopingHttpClient
- aa12dd0: [HttpKernel] allowed user to set the project dir
- eeae257: [FrameworkBundle] updated Client class to KernelBrowser
- d73a53a: [BrowserKit] added support for HttpClient
- 359e1c7: [HttpClient] added CachingHttpClient
- 468bca8: [Messenger] added a BC layer for the ConsumeMessagesCommand arguments
Newest issues and pull requests
- [Routing] Implement host per locale
- Finder get filename without extension
- [Messenger][RFC] Allow handler to choose the transport
- [Workflow] Configuration of initial places and marking store
- [DI] Decorate the service directly instead of override
They talked about us
- Symfony Security: Is Security about User management?
- How to deploy and scale Symfony web applications on Kubernetes
- Understanding Symfony Security by Using it Standalone
- PHP: composer does not belong in production!
- Create a Symfony 4 shareable/reusable Bundle and take advantage of MakerBundle
- Symfony Local Server, Docker, and Varnish
- Extending Sylius Services with Decorators
- La Unión Europea organiza un Hackatón de Symfony y API Platform
- FontAwesome añade el logotipo de Symfony a su colección de iconos
- Qué se necesita para desarrollar usando Symfony en Windows
- Stocker des dates avec leur timezone, avec Doctrine
- Serialização Nativa do PHP para o Messenger
- Como definir rotas no Symfony 4
Upcoming Symfony Events
- Symfony UG Berlin: Exploring Async PHP & API Platform: Berlin, Germany (March 27)
- Treffen der Symfony User Group Hamburg: Hamburg, Germany (April 2)
- Symfony User Group Nürnberg: Nürnberg, Germany (April 8)
- 8. PHP Symfony User Group Basel: Basel, Switzerland (May 16)
Call to Action
- Follow Symfony on Twitter and retweet this article.
- Follow Symfony on Medium and clap for this article.
- Subscribe to the Symfony blog RSS and never miss a Symfony story again.
Help the Symfony project!
As with any Open-Source project, contributing code or documentation is the most common way to help, but we also have a wide range of sponsoring opportunities.
Comments are closed.
To ensure that comments stay relevant, they are closed for old posts.