A Week of Symfony #654 (8-14 July 2019)
This week, the upcoming Symfony 4.4 version worked on improving the progress bar redraws of the Console component, deprecated WebserverBundle in favor of the Symfony local web server and introduced a feature to make the bundle public dir configurable. Meanwhile, the upcoming Symfony 5.0 version added compatibility with Monolog 2.
Symfony development highlights
This week, 102 pull requests were merged (74 in code and 28 in docs) and 81 issues were closed (58 in code and 23 in docs). Excluding merges, 43 authors made 5,867 additions and 2,866 deletions. See details for code and docs.
- d92c9b8: [EventDispatcher] added tag kernel.rest on 'debug.event_dispatcher' service
- 9fc8d2e: [Translator] load plurals from po files properly
- feab919: [Translator] load plurals from mo files properly
- 931965a: [HttpFoundation] don't assume port 0 for X-Forwarded-Port
- fea98a8: [FrameworkBundle] inform the user when save_path will be ignored
- 37756d3: [DependencyInjection] added tests to cover the possibility of having scalars as services
- 5e839f4, bf466b1: [Validator] Updated Persian translations
- 91f4752: [Debug] include found files in DebugClassLoader instead of requiring them
- 6b8d4aa: [Serializer] fixed AbstractObjectNormalizer ignores the property types of discriminated classes
- bb9251a: [Messenger] fixed publishing headers set on AmqpStamp
- 94db7d4: [Messenger] support setting auto_setup from DSN in Doctrine Transport
- 98bbc57: [SecurityBundle] fixed profiler dump for non-invokable security listeners
- 70c7424: [FrameworkBundle] fixed descriptor of routes described as callable array
- a731c3b: [Mime] added check for openssl when using SMime
- 51cf65e: [HttpClient] added $response->toStream() to cast responses to regular PHP streams
- a640c30: [Translation] deprecated passing a null locale
- 499ad6d: [Stopwatch] deprecated passing null in Section::get() method
- dc56389: [WebProfilerBundle] added clear button to ajax tab
- 088270e: [Console] allow answer to be trimmed by adding a flag
- 3c9ff1f: [Security] LdapBindAuthenticationProvider does not bind before search query
- c202e96: [Console] added ProgressBar::preventRedrawFasterThan() and forceRedrawSlowerThan() methods
- 3e2ee71: [ServerBundle] display all logs by default
- 14614bd: [Cache] added argument $prefix to AdapterInterface::clear()
- 400eaa6: [WebserverBundle] deprecated the bundle in favor of Symfony local server
- 7647209: [Console] added Application::reset()
- ea0da05: [Console] don't redraw progress bar more than every 100ms by default
- 2d04e20: [DependencyInjection] deprecated booting the kernel twices
- e1cea97: [Validator] allowed to use property paths to get limits in range constraint
- 608d428: [Lock] split StoreInterface into multiple interfaces with less responsabilities
- 29654a4: [VarDumper] let browsers trigger their own search on double CMD/CTRL + F
- 4a50400: [Debug] restoring back the state of the Debug component
- de710f6, adcd643: allow to configure the directory of bundle assets
- 4499e2a: renamed ErrorCatcher to ErrorRenderer
- fd3ad65: [Validator] added a new constraint message when there is both min and max
- 40d04ec: [MonologBridge] Monolog 2 compatibility
Newest issues and pull requests
- [Bundles] Allow to customize the entire dir structure
- [Mailer] Dynamically Change Transport using getTransport in Mailer Class
- Do not wire Traceable Event Dispatcher in CLI
- [DI][DX] debug:container command should sort tagged services by priority
They talked about us
- Writing THIN Controller, FAT model using Event Dispatcher in Symfony
- Doctrine+Symfony: adding indexes to fields defined in traits
- Twig añade nuevos filtros para aplicar el filter, map, reduce
- Symfony: Authentification double facteur
- Symfony — Crée une commande simple et le tester
Upcoming Symfony Events
- [Paris] SfPot Juillet 2019: Paris, France (July 16)
- API Platform: A Framework for API-driven projects: San Francisco, United States (July 18)
- Treffen der Symfony User Group Hamburg: Hamburg, Germany (August 6)
Call to Action
- Give Symfony a star on GitHub
- Follow Symfony on Twitter and retweet this article.
- Follow Symfony on Medium and clap for this article.
- Subscribe to the Symfony blog RSS and never miss a Symfony story again.
Help the Symfony project!
As with any Open-Source project, contributing code or documentation is the most common way to help, but we also have a wide range of sponsoring opportunities.
Comments are closed.
To ensure that comments stay relevant, they are closed for old posts.