A Week of Symfony #663 (9-15 September 2019)
This week, Symfony development activity focused on minor tweaks and fixes, such as fixing our preloader for the upcoming PHP 7.4 version. In addition, the community proposed to add .gitattributes to all Symfony packages to exclude non-required files. Lastly, Fabien announced the new Notifier component during his keynote at the SymfonyLive London 2019 conference.
Symfony development highlights
This week, 60 pull requests were merged (42 in code and 18 in docs) and 42 issues were closed (27 in code and 15 in docs). Excluding merges, 25 authors made 2,672 additions and 2,800 deletions. See details for code and docs.
- f7130e3: [Yaml] don't dump a scalar tag value on its own line
- d6855d4: [Console] get dimensions from stty on Windows if possible
- cac27b2: [Inflector] add support 'see' to 'ee' for singularize
- 2c87f69: dirname simplification
- 22b4586: [HttpClient] re-enable Server Push support
- 6ea7f30: [DependencyInjection] accept existing interfaces as valid named args
- 5914a1f: [Yaml] properly catch legacy tag syntax usages
- 4a866d0: [Cache] fixed cache pools affecting each other due to an overwritten seed variable
- 312cbf9: [Cache] add types to constructors and private/final/internal methods
- e9f524a: [HttpClient] allow enabling buffering conditionally with a Closure
- 92e64a1: require exact match when reading from stdin with a dash
- afad962: [DependencyInjection] generate preload.php file for PHP 7.4 in cache folder
- 1c3d409, c403706, f0aff8c: [DependencyInjection] fixed PHP 7.4 preloader
- 541f80c: [DependencyInjection] used dirname() when possible
- bed6511: [WebProfilerBundle] assign automatic colors to custom Stopwatch categories
- 8ca975d: [HttpKernel] fixed compat with legacy DebugClassLoader
- 419be6a: [SecurityBundle] moved Anonymous DI integration to new AnonymousFactory
- 4b701bb: [FrameworkBundle, ErrorRenderer] used FileLinkFormatter service when possible
- 74d5fa6: [Workflow] use a better exception message when many workflows are found
- b07df9d: [Mailer] renamed SmtpEnvelope to Envelope
- 60e3de6: minor tweaks to the new Welcome Page
- afe5188: removed legacy code from STDIN commands
- 3f0cf49: [HttpClient] fixed calling the buffer-enabling callback
- c0f0b8a: [Console] used correct EventDispatcherInterface
- 3db419e: [DoctrineBridge] getMetadataDriverClass() is abstract now
- Display an error when trying to retrieve a environment variable value marked as sensitive
- Fix a panic when a Docker env var is empty
- Improve messages for plan/storage update
composer.pharfrom the project directory if present
- Disable timeouts on billing API
- Fix Slack tokens for integrations setup are not properly validated
- Add support for Strong Customer Authentication in payment process
Newest issues and pull requests
- [RFC] Trust proxies in the private IP range automatically
- [Mailer] Adding a file transport
- [DI] Handling decorations on non existent services
- [Intl] ICU 65 release
- assertSelectorTextContains should return current value in WebTestCase
- [Validator] Allow to ignore a Violation for a Constraint
They talked about us
- Symfony Notifier presentation
- Let’s Migrate Symfony Project to Kubernetes! Part 4: Building a Continuous Delivery Pipeline.
- Symfony. Mejorando tus tests con DoctrineFixturesBundle
- Symfony Notifier, un nuevo componente de Symfony
Call to Action
- Give Symfony a star on GitHub
- Follow Symfony on Twitter and retweet this article.
- Subscribe to the Symfony blog RSS and never miss a Symfony story again.
Comments are closed.
To ensure that comments stay relevant, they are closed for old posts.