A Week of Symfony #664 (16-22 September 2019)
This week, Symfony added support for the upcoming Twig 3 version, improved the test suite to fix unrelated test failures, and added a new feature to send notification emails. In addition, the new String component that allows to work with all kinds of strings in an object oriented fashion was nearly completed. Finally, the third part of the SymfonyCon Amsterdam conference schedule was announced.
Symfony development highlights
This week, 74 pull requests were merged (43 in code and 31 in docs) and 63 issues were closed (34 in code and 29 in docs). Excluding merges, 27 authors made 3,947 additions and 813 deletions. See details for code and docs.
- 6fad4f1: [PropertyInfo] ensure compatibility with type resolver
- 6bf2dd9, f158d4f: install from source to include components tests
- 1ab8fff: re-enabled previously failing PHP 7.4 test cases
- ad6dc2e: [Finder] adjust regex to correctly match comments in gitignore contents
- 23f64d5: [HttpClient] add default value for Accept header
- 1575e27: [HttpClient] fix throwing HTTP exceptions when the 1st chunk is emitted
- 7f81cb5: [Messenger] don't deep-merge senders configuration
- 2ae76f9: [Messenger] fixed exception message of failed message is dropped on retry
- 4c470a9, 8ccacab: minor design updates in the new Welcome page
- 92ef476: [DependencyInjection] allow binding iterable and tagged services
- 41a450b: fixed lint commands frozen on empty stdin
- 6230465: [Twig] added NotificationEmail
- b5ff996: [ErrorRenderer] fixed cannot use object of type ErrorException as array exception
- aec06c3: [TwigBundle] fixed accessing service arguments
Newest issues and pull requests
- [Config] ignoreExtraKeys(false) is misleading
- [Messenger] Doctrine transport seems to be generating excessive number of queries
- [Config] Recursive merge of variable nodes
- ICU-Translation: Make import statement work if in yaml format
They talked about us
- Your Guide to Symfony 4 Internationalization Beyond the Basics
- Using PhraseApp with Symfony 4
- Optimizing Doctine2 entities with Traits
- Symfony 4: Un programa tan pequeño como quieras
- Cómo crear un sistema de usuarios en Symfony desde cero
Call to Action
- Give Symfony a star on GitHub
- Follow Symfony on Twitter and retweet this article.
- Subscribe to the Symfony blog RSS and never miss a Symfony story again.
Comments are closed.
To ensure that comments stay relevant, they are closed for old posts.