A Week of Symfony #689 (9-15 March 2020)
This week, the upcoming Symfony 5.1 version added a simpler way to log in users in tests and introduced a new UID component to generate "universal identifiers" such as ULID, UUID, etc. Meanwhile, we announced some conference changes and we introduced SymfonyCloud trials.
Symfony development highlights
This week, 61 pull requests were merged (37 in code and 24 in docs) and 35 issues were closed (30 in code and 5 in docs). Excluding merges, 37 authors made 3,742 additions and 1,576 deletions. See details for code and docs.
- bdd66aa: [Yaml] fixed dumping strings containing CRs
- aaddef3: [Form] handle false as empty value on expanded choices
- c561eb0: [Intl] bump ICU to 66.1
- f020876: [DoctrineBridge] fixed wrong guessed type for "json" type
- 148b13c: fixed import from config file using type: glob
- f6f19e6: [Security] fixed some annotations
- cbb9d01: [Validator] clarify stringable type annotations
- a562ba2: [Form] ignore microseconds submitted by Edge
- d8d7357: [ErrorHandler] remove int return type from FlattenException::getCode
- 26b123d: [HttpClient] fixed requests to hosts that idn_to_ascii() cannot handle
- 2bf9991: [DependencyInjection] fix container lint command when a synthetic service is used in an expression
- 1893ef9: [HttpClient] disable debug log with curl 7.64.0
- f166fe5: [Mime] fix boundary header
- ca41e35: [HttpKernel] fix support for single-colon syntax for controllers
- e4eb122: [FrameworkBundle] fixed translator enabled_locales configuration definition
- a51a0c5: [Testing] added a loginUser() method to test protected resources
- 31232cf: [String] update wcswidth data
- 49e5d57: [Form] added label_html attribute
- d108f7b: [UID] added the component (and added support for UUID)
- 6f206c5: [String] leverage Stringable from PHP 8
- d028a50: [FrameworkBundle] add --deprecations on debug:container command
- 08bb79b: [Uid] make Uuid::getTime() return subseconds info
- cc73b1e: [Uid] make Uuid::equals method accept any types of argument for more flexibility
- aed93cd: [Uid] removed Uuid::getVariant()
- 42c76d7: [Uid] add support for Ulid
- fa5d636: [Uid] improve base convertion logic
- 7dc6da6: [Uid] use one class per type of UUID
- 00aab67: [Uid] work around slow generation of v4 UUIDs
- 68dec1a: [Uid] add support for UUIDv6
- 1d955cc: [Uid] rename NullUuid to NilUuid
Newest issues and pull requests
- Add request specific annotations
- [Mailer] - DKIM Signer
- [Form] Allow strict typehint in object mapped to form?
- [Form] Allow to customize individual collection items in form themes
- [YAML] !include tag support
They talked about us
- A Quick API Platform Hands-On Review for Symfony App Development
- Symfony: Prevent termination of Process
- Nuevo en Symfony 5.1: Soporte de propiedades PHP con tipos en PropertyInfo
- Nuevo en Symfony 5.1: Inyección automática de propiedades con tipos
- Nuevo en Symfony 5.1: La preferencia safe de HTTP
- Nuevo en Symfony 5.1: Aplicaciones de consola de un solo comando
- Nuevo en Symfony 5.1: Conjuntos reusables de validadores
Call to Action
- Follow Symfony on Twitter and retweet this article.
- Subscribe to the Symfony blog RSS and never miss a Symfony story again.
Help the Symfony project!
As with any Open-Source project, contributing code or documentation is the most common way to help, but we also have a wide range of sponsoring opportunities.
Comments are closed.
To ensure that comments stay relevant, they are closed for old posts.