A Week of Symfony #709 (27 July - 2 August 2020)
This week, Symfony postponed SymfonyCon Disneyland Paris conference until next year and announced SymfonyWorld 2020, a new world-wide online conference. In addition, the first translations of the Symfony 5 book were published for free on Symfony website.
Symfony development highlights
This week, 27 pull requests were merged (27 in code and 0 in docs) and 19 issues were closed (17 in code and 2 in docs). Excluding merges, 16 authors made 1,458 additions and 111 deletions. See details for code and docs.
- b61fa44: [Cache] fixed saving no-expiry items with ArrayAdapter
- b940b5a: [VarDumper] improved previous fix on light array coloration
- 600e5d1: [Messenger] removed redundant strtolower in ConsumeMessagesCommand
- b6ea86e: [Messenger] reduced column length for MySQL 5.6 compatibility
- e69b8b1: [Mailer] added the missing reset tag to mailer.logger_message_listener
- bea4319: [Finder] fixed GitIgnore parser when dealing with (sub)directories and take order of lines into account
- 909158b: [WebProfilerBundle] fixed error with custom function and web profiler routing tab
- c931d07: [FrameworkBundle] KernelBrowser::getContainer cannot return null anymore
- bfc0351: [Messenger] fixed invalid option sslmode in AmazonSqs bridge
- e411c96: [Routing] allowed inline definition of requirements and defaults for host
- 79bc5b7: [Twig Bridge] fixed getTranslationNodeVisitor() return type
- 13a5e47: [Stopwatch] updated StopwatchPeriod
- bd59105: [Router] allow to use \A and \z as regex start and end
- 374d705: [Security] use NullToken while checking authorization
- 281a752: [DependencyInjection] added the name of the env to RuntimeException
- 5256323: [String] added a French inflector
- 32941f2: [FrameworkBundle] deprecated some public services to private
- 7aaf99d: [Console] added info method to symfony style
- f1dc422: [DependencyInjection] resolved parameters in tag arguments
- bea6c99: [Validator] added support for cascade validation on typed properties
- 2d5e7b0: [Console] added signal event
Symfony CLI is a must-have tool when developing Symfony applications on your local machine. It includes the Symfony Local Server, the best way to run local Symfony applications. This week Symfony CLI released its new 4.18.2 and 4.18.3 versions with the following changes:
- Fix running
symfony consoleon Enterprise clusters fails
- Fix Symfony environment is set to
devduring the build stage
- Add missing
SYMFONY_PROJECT_DEFAULT_ROUTE_URLwhen running Local Web Server
- Checkout the first step of the book instead of the last one when running
symfony new --book
- Release the CLI as a Docker image
- Fix usage error might show the help of another command with the same name
symfony composershould not load .env files
Newest issues and pull requests
- Allow listed deprecations to be skipped
- Add debugging shortcut commands
- Symfony Mailer: Multiple Email Transports
- [Validator] Unique constraint value comparison
They talked about us
- Mock API Response using Symfony and Behat
- An update on Bolt 4
- Using Symfony's service iterators for secondary flows
- How to Switch from YAML/XML Configs to PHP Today with Migrify
- How to solve Symfony 5 and Doctrine Migrations Bundle 3 upgrade error
- Symfony 5 book 翻訳本出版
Call to Action
- Follow Symfony on Twitter and retweet this article.
- Subscribe to the Symfony blog RSS and never miss a Symfony story again.
Help the Symfony project!
As with any Open-Source project, contributing code or documentation is the most common way to help, but we also have a wide range of sponsoring opportunities.
Comments are closed.
To ensure that comments stay relevant, they are closed for old posts.