A Week of Symfony #717 (21-27 September 2020)
This week of Symfony blog post is backed by:
This week, Symfony 3.4.45, 4.4.14 and 5.1.6 maintenance versions were released. Meanwhile, the upcoming Symfony 5.2 version added an html5 option to MoneyType and PercentType and introduced new test assertions for checkboxes and form values.
Symfony development highlights
This week, 64 pull requests were merged (32 in code and 32 in docs) and 40 issues were closed (22 in code and 18 in docs). Excluding merges, 36 authors made 2,861 additions and 479 deletions. See details for code and docs.
- 5f94d34: Updated Arabic translations
- 966dc58: [Cache, Lock, Messenger] fixed compatibility with Doctrine DBAL 3
- 02be26a: [ErrorHandler] escape JSON encoded log context
- d9bcb64: [Translator] made Intl dependency optional
- 9e7e2a8: [Form] fixed custom formats deprecation with HTML5 widgets
- caab0f1: [HttpClient] allow bearer tokens with colon
- f71d8cf: [OptionsResolver] assert that the error type is valid in deprecations test
- 6bb0ef4: [ErrorHandler] return false directly and remove unused variable
- 44bd82c: [OptionsResolver] fixed deprecation message access
- 90056b8: [Config] added the "info" to a missing option error messages
- d635390: [Doctrine Bride] always require SQL comment hint for UID types
- aa5d0ea: [String] allow passing null to string functions
- 6e9949b: [Form] added "html5" option to both MoneyType and PercentType
- 5c48235: [Mailer] added Sendinblue bridge
- 59f7124: [HttpKernel] auto-register kernel as an extension
- 2bdcf4a: [Validator] added invalid datetime message in Range validator
- af90e1e: [DomCrawler] added checkbox assertions for functional tests
- 713f30e: [DomCrawler] added assertFormValue() in WebTestCase
- e6dcf9b: [Doctrine Bride] register the UID binary types
- 02d879f: [PhpUnitBridge] enable a maximum PHPUnit version to be set via SYMFONY_MAX_PHPUNIT_VERSION
- ffb7f0e: [Translation] allow Translatable objects to be used as strings
- 013bbcc: [Messenger] fixed misleading comment about time-limit
- 934b125: [Notifier] added Sendinblue notifier
- a6aa08e: [Lock] provided default implementation when store does not support the behavior
Symfony CLI is a must-have tool when developing Symfony applications on your local machine. It includes the Symfony Local Server, the best way to run local Symfony applications. This week Symfony CLI released its new 4.19.0 version with the following changes:
- Fix warning when using the extended syntax for the PHP extensions config in .symfony.cloud.yaml
- Fix book:checkout command when migrations are stored under the new migrations/ directory instead of src/Migrations/
127.0.0.1in the generated proxy PAC file
- Improve error feedback on
server:startwhen PHP fails to start
server:startnow restarts PHP on
server:startnow restarts PHP on PHP failure
server:startnow restarts PHP when CGI stops after N requests
- Fix log file name when using PHP CLI and PHP CGI
Newest issues and pull requests
- [Console][UX][DX] shell completion support directly in the Console component
- [Messenger] Redis in cluster mode or custom instance
- Detect with lint:container if env vars or parameters are not correctly injected into services
They talked about us
- Bolt 4: the awesome CMS
- Web Scraping with PHP
- Dynamically changing the log level in Symfony apps
- Symfony meets Elasticsearch — Implement a search as you type feature
- Symfony route parameter with slash as part of the parameter
- Api Platform’da Yaml ile Serileştirme
- Symfony, lưu session trong database, đảm bảo chạy load balancing an toàn với ELB
Call to Action
- Follow Symfony on Twitter and retweet this article.
- Subscribe to the Symfony blog RSS and never miss a Symfony story again.
Help the Symfony project!
As with any Open-Source project, contributing code or documentation is the most common way to help, but we also have a wide range of sponsoring opportunities.
Comments are closed.
To ensure that comments stay relevant, they are closed for old posts.