A Week of Symfony #738 (15-21 February 2021)
This week, the upcoming Symfony 5.3 version added a ConsoleCommand attribute and an EventListener attribute to help configure those when using PHP 8. In addition, it added an autoconfigure attribute to also help define autoconfiguration rules in PHP 8. Finally, Symfony added a debug:firewall command to inspect all the information about security firewalls.
Symfony development highlights
This week, 67 pull requests were merged (41 in code and 26 in docs) and 66 issues were closed (55 in code and 11 in docs). Excluding merges, 34 authors made 4,252 additions and 754 deletions. See details for code and docs.
- eab9155: [HttpFoundation] fix PHP 8.1 null values
- 0574c15: [Form] keep valid submitted choices when additional choices are submitted
- e62ef2a: [Console] fix PHP 8.1 null error for preg_match flag
- aa21944: [Translation] allow using dashes in locale when linting Xliff files
- 1b358fe: [PropertyInfo] use the right context for properties defined in traits
- 9230f69: [Console] fix QuestionHelper::getHiddenResponse() not working with space in project directory name
- f8ce7d0: [WebLink] escape double quotes in attributes values
- c1c2086: [PropertyInfo] fix resolving self to name of the analyzed class
- 9765b5a: [Intl] fix Locale::getFallback() throwing exception on long locale
- a7f12da: stop using deprecated ArrayCache from Doctrine
- 89d7097: updaed Armenian translations
- b15bfc4: [Worflow] fixed GuardListener when using the new Security system
- 7078382: [Workflow] re-add InvalidTokenConfigurationException for BC
- 7dcf156: [String] check if function exists before declaring it
- b148f89: [Validator] fix taking error message from the correct violation
- 2f4cd77: [EventDispatcher] fix registering subscribers twice on edge-case
- e2b1d9c: [Serializer] allow to provide (de)normalization context in mapping
- 1262b06: [Framework] add tag assets.package to register asset packages
- c54bfb7: [Mailer] AWS SES transport Source ARN header support
- 4d91b8f: [DependencyInjection] add #[Autoconfigure] to help define autoconfiguration rules
- 22c2f1a: [DependencyInjection] autoconfigurable attributes
- 8aaa152: [EventDispatcher] add missing dispatcher property on #[EventListener]
- dc2635c: [Console] add ConsoleCommand attribute for declaring commands on PHP 8
- 70ef5b3: [Security] add debug:firewall command
- 5cfe73d: [Intl] add Currencies::getCashFractionDigits() and Currencies::getCashRoundingIncrement()
Newest issues and pull requests
- [RFC] Support env-dependent config in one yaml file
- CSS selector :has pseudo-class
- [Mime][RFC] Parse multiple addresses from a single string
- [RFC] Twig |serialize Filter for the Serializer
- [DependencyInjection] Support PHP 8.1 enums when dumping the container
- [VarDumper] add support for enums on PHP 8.1
- [Serializer] Support for PHP 8.1 enums
- [VarExporter] add support for Enums on PHP 8.1
- [RFC][DX] Add possibility to provide bundle configuration (definition) inside the bundle class
They talked about us
- Symfony 5 : Mocking private autowired services in Controller functional tests
- Using SQLite in Symfony test, and why you should be careful
Call to Action
- Follow Symfony on Twitter and retweet this article.
- Subscribe to the Symfony blog RSS and never miss a Symfony story again.
Comments are closed.
To ensure that comments stay relevant, they are closed for old posts.