A Week of Symfony #768 (13-19 September 2021)
This week of Symfony blog post is backed by:
This week, Symfony continued preparing the upgrade to a fully-typed codebase, including the release of a command utility to patch type declarations in your own code and a blog post explaining how to prepare your apps and bundles for Symfony 6. Finally, the Call for Papers for the upcoming SymfonyWorld 2021 conference will close next week. Send your proposals soon.
Symfony development highlights
This week, 49 pull requests were merged (29 in code and 20 in docs) and 33 issues were closed (28 in code and 5 in docs). Excluding merges, 27 authors made 21,541 additions and 8,321 deletions. See details for code and docs.
- 49ec485: [PhpUnitBridge] track unsilenced deprecations only for userland
- c7ce5ca: [WebProfilerBundle] fix displaying certain configs
- 6fdf0c9: [Form] do not trim unassigned unicode characters
- 4211c7f: [Serializer] don't pass null to preg_match()
- 985ca1a: update Catalan translations
- a642717: [SecurityBundle] fix a bug when displaying the roles of the logged-in user in the Web Debug Toolbar
- 70cd639: [Messenger] add back kernel.event_subscriber tag on StopWorkerOnCustomStopExceptionListener
- 9d12f14: [Messenger] do not reset services on WorkerRunningEvent anymore
- 91b40b0: [Mailer] add Session Token to Amazon Mailer
- 152cee3, 33a1f4c: [ErrorHandler] add helper script to patch type declarations
- b4a1f98: [ErrorHandler] update TentativeTypes
- 873e71b, 93d07e9: [FrameworkBundle, Validator] prepare removing Doctrine Cache from remaining components
- c03d45a: [Mailer] add support for TagHeader and MetadataHeader to the Sendgrid API transport
- a2c60ad: [FrameworkBundle] add configureContainer(), configureRoutes() and getConfigDir() to MicroKernelTrait
- 2018f0c: [DependencyInjection] allow injecting tagged iterator as service locator arguments
- 7fa202a: [String] update wcswidth data with Unicode 14
- c2ccabb: [HttpClient] add types to private properties
Symfony CLI is a must-have tool when developing Symfony applications on your local machine. It includes the Symfony Local Server, the best way to run local Symfony applications. This week Symfony CLI released its new 4.26.2 and 4.26.3 versions with the following changes:
- Fix inifite loop while deploying a SymfonyCloud project
Newest issues and pull requests
- Symfony 6 return type declarations
- [Console] Auto-format output based on shell width (i.e. column count)
- [Router] Configure trailing slash on root globally
They talked about us
- Symfony 6: PHP 8 Native Types & Why we Need YOU
- Symfony HttpClient and sequential requests assertions
- Custom Twig Filters and Functions
- Symfony Station Communique — 17 September 2021
- Configure Doctrine in Symfony to use AWS Secret values as MySQL connection parameters
- Déployer une application Symfony sur Koyeb
Call to Action
- Follow Symfony on Twitter and retweet this article.
- Subscribe to the Symfony blog RSS and never miss a Symfony story again.
Comments are closed.
To ensure that comments stay relevant, they are closed for old posts.