A Week of Symfony #771 (4-10 October 2021)
This week, Symfony continued adding tweaks to fix compatibility with the future PHP 8.1 version. Meanwhile, the upcoming Symfony 5.4 version merged some new features such as basic support for language negotiation and a CssColor constraint to validate that a given value matches any of the formats available to define CSS colors.
Symfony development highlights
This week, 52 pull requests were merged (32 in code and 20 in docs) and 76 issues were closed (45 in code and 31 in docs). Excluding merges, 38 authors made 21,703 additions and 8,361 deletions. See details for code and docs.
- 5d0a3a0: [HttpFoundation] update IANA response status code tests
- 4169843: [DependencyInjection] fix support for "new" in initializers on PHP 8.1
- 57f5df5: [VarDumper] fix handling of "new" in initializers on PHP 8.1
- 37d26fb: [Cache, Lock] fix SQLSRV throws for method_exists()
- 1231de6: [Cache] commit items implicitly only when deferred keys are requested
- e591467: [HttpClient] fix missing kernel.reset tag on TraceableHttpClient services
- ab7884c: [HttpFoundation] fix PHP 8.1 deprecation notice in IpUtils::checkIp()
- adeae1a: update Chinese translation
- 8d203a9: update Finnish translation
- a449800: update Slovenian translation
- 73bae10: update Bosnian translation
- c798618: update Greek translation
- fb8d537: [Translation] do not export empty strings in Lokalise bridge
- e5be65f: [Translation] use symfony default locale when pulling translations from providers
- cf8d43e: [Form] fix ChoiceType to effectively set and use translator
- 5a39496: [HttpFoundation] update http response messages of statuses 413 and 422
- 72cd43a: [Lock] use platform to identify the PDO driver
- 3e387cf: [HttpClient] add method to set response factory in mock client
- a9810e0: move array_merge calls out of loops to improve performance
- 2100d7b: [Messenger] add a middleware to log when transaction has been left open
- 43f0161: [HttpKernel] add basic support for language negotiation
- 4868dd0: [MonologBridge] deprecate ResetLoggersWorkerSubscriber
- ab7f816: [MonologBridge] deprecate the Swiftmailer handler
- 1c1e2d9: [VarDumper] declare that dd() never returns
- fd3fba5: [VarDumper] returns a 500 when dd() is executed
- 428434c: [Validator] add CssColor constraint
- 7993530: [Messenger] log when worker should stop and when SIGTERM is received
- 626d9aa: [Messenger] add worker metadata inside logs
- 143ecb3: add type to final/internal public/protected properties
Newest issues and pull requests
- [RFC] Make masterminds/html5 a required dependency of dom-crawler
- [HttpClient] Add support for client pool
- [Serializer] Add a more global interface with all method implement by the implemantation
- Using isGranted() without a Session
They talked about us
- Symfony Station Communique — 8 October 2021. A Look at Symfony and PHP News
- Secure your data using encryption in PHP
- Acceso a tu server Symfony desde múltiples clientes
- Sécuriser ses données via le chiffrement en PHP
Call to Action
- Follow Symfony on Twitter and retweet this article.
- Subscribe to the Symfony blog RSS and never miss a Symfony story again.
Comments are closed.
To ensure that comments stay relevant, they are closed for old posts.