A Week of Symfony #773 (18-24 October 2021)
This week, Symfony development activity focused on adding autocompletion features to some of the built-in commands. Meanwhile, the Symfony Docs website was redesigned to give it a modern and more useful look. Lastly, we announced nine additional speakers for the upcoming SymfonyWorld Online 2021 Winter Edition conference (December 9-10, 2021).
Symfony development highlights
his week, 69 pull requests were merged (50 in code and 19 in docs) and 55 issues were closed (42 in code and 13 in docs). Excluding merges, 53 authors made 60,195 additions and 37,071 deletions. See details for code and docs.
- 842b3f1: [DependencyInjection] fix "url" env var processor
- abb9a19: [HttpClient] fix collecting debug info on destruction of CurlResponse
- 4218aa3: [Config] fix files sorting in GlobResource
- 69c7395: [Messenger] fix TypeError in PhpSerializer::encode()
- 10add32, 042cbb0: update Chinese translation
- d478c23: update Slovak translation
- c1e8654: update Russian translation
- 86f1764: update Thai translation
- e0f16d2: update Swedish translation
- cfff8bc: update Greek translation
- c47485b: update Hungarian translation
- b2f537d: update Danish translation
- 06c4fa2, 0af0a28: update Uzbek translation
- 9f43121: [Messenger] fix unwrapping the Postgres connection in DBAL 3
- 2673ca9: [Security] fix logging of impersonator
- 847c011: [Notifier] add push channel to notifier
- f36d0e0: [DependencyInjection] extend TaggedIterator and TaggedLocator Attributes with able to specify defaultIndexMethod for #[TaggerIterator] and #[TaggedLocator]
- 2d0a08b: [Messenger] subtract handling time from sleep time in worker
- 1562c98: [Messenger] set ResetServicesListener as low priority
- e3e5946: [Console] add completion to help & list commands
- 5c675ea: [HttpFoundation] allow setting session options via DSN
- 6a6bc7d: [Console] fix array argument completion without input
- 1fdd7a8: [Console] SymfonyStyle enhancements
- ec34dd5: [Console] add completion for CompletionCommand shell argument
- 540ee0a: [Console] remove CompletionInterface
- 243198f: [Console] add completion to messenger:setup-transports command
- 568947a: [Console] add completion to secrets:set and fix secrets:remove
- ae3f404: [Uid] allow use autocompletion
- 54caece: [Console] add completion for cache:pool:clear and cache:pool:delete commands
- ff70bd1: [Console] show proxified command class in completion debug
- 3060255: remove remaining deprecated features
- d11ff6e: [Cache] remove deprecated support of DBAL by PdoAdapter
- 6cef98a: [Lock] remove support of Doctrine DBAL in PdoStore
- bbe67c8: [Lock] remove support of Doctrine DBAL in PostgreSqlStore
These were some of the most relevant SymfonyCasts updates of the week:
- (Video) Doctrine Pagination with Pagerfanta
- (Video) Symfony 5 Security: Authenticators, Chapter 1: composer require security
- (Video) Symfony 5 Security: Authenticators, Chapter 2: make:user
- (Video) Symfony 5 Security: Authenticators, Chapter 3: Customizing the User Class
Newest issues and pull requests
- [Console] Allow signaling from the completion command to the completion script
- [Console] Implement completion for zsh
- [Console] Add completion for fish
- Error messages don't show service causing the issue
- [EventDispatcher] Performance of TraceableEventDispatcher::getNotCalledListeners()
They talked about us
- A Not-WordPress CMS based on Symfony
- An Asynchronous Request Bundle for Symfony
- Symfony Station Communique — 22 October 2021. A Look at Symfony and PHP News
- Vue.js and Symfony: Roles Authentication
- Create tabs and manage its permission in Symfony based module
- Patrón de Diseño Estrategia con Symfony
Call to Action
- Follow Symfony on Twitter and retweet this article.
- Subscribe to the Symfony blog RSS and never miss a Symfony story again.
Help the Symfony project!
As with any Open-Source project, contributing code or documentation is the most common way to help, but we also have a wide range of sponsoring opportunities.
Comments are closed.
To ensure that comments stay relevant, they are closed for old posts.