A Week of Symfony #783 (27 December 2021 - 2 January 2022)
This week, Symfony 4.4.36, 5.3.13, 5.4.2 and 6.0.2 maintenance versions were released. In addition, Symfony announced the open sourcing of Symfony CLI and we published the traditional Symfony 2021 Year in Review summary.
Symfony development highlights
This week, 57 pull requests were merged (43 in code and 14 in docs) and 35 issues were closed (29 in code and 6 in docs). Excluding merges, 28 authors made 30,701 additions and 13,692 deletions. See details for code and docs.
- 4987fd1: [HttpFoundation] fix notice when HTTP_PHP_AUTH_USER passed without pass
- 9d8638c: [Messenger] fix Redis support on 32b arch
- 8a1c932: [Cache] don't lock when doing nested computations
- c1c6687: [HttpKernel] do not attempt to register enum arguments in controller service locator
- 82a4564: [DomCrawler] fix HTML5 parser charset option
- 30594b2: [DependencyInjection, HttpKernel] fix enum typed bindings
- d1b22ce: [Validator] throw when Constraint::_construct() has not been called
- c886540: [HttpClient] turn negative timeout to a very long timeout
- 6a5db15: [Security] add getting started example to README
- a11f8b0: [Translation] use rawurlencode and separate tag setting in LocoProvider
- f4e0e65: [Mime] fix missing sprintf in DkimSigner
- ed666d7: [Lock] release PostgreSqlStore connection lock on failure
- 3b3f87f: [Security] make login link handler tests time sensitive
- 8c6ad6a: [WebProfilerBundle] relax return type for memory data collector
- 1e76053: [Translation] fix use of asset ids in LocoProvider
- 4eefe39: [Validator] error using CssColor with doctrine annotations
- 3aa976b: [DependencyInjection] add exclude to TaggedIterator and TaggedLocator
- cef3d5a: [Yaml] double-quote strings with single quote marks
- c38a096: [Messenger] add SerializedMessageStamp
- a0eecdf: [HttpKernel] add a controller argument resolver for backed enums
- cac5c09: [Serializer] give more hints when an attribute is not correctly used
Newest issues and pull requests
- [Serializer] Denormalization of collection of objects as constructor argument does not seem to be happening
- [Router] When having a route alias matrix, they're not all available
Symfony CLI is a must-have tool when developing Symfony applications on your local machine. It includes the Symfony Local Server, the best way to run local Symfony applications. This week Symfony CLI released its new 4.27.4 version with the following changes:
- Default to Platform.sh when running
- Force using Platform.sh on new generated projects
They talked about us
- Easy Way to Create a Symfony Console Application
- How to Run Symfony Console Command in AWS Lambda
- Symfony’s New Native Docker Support (Symfony World)
- Use PHP Enums as Doctrine type in Symfony
- Symfony Station Communique - 31 December 2021. A Look at Symfony and PHP News
- My top 5 favorite symfony packages
Call to Action
- Follow Symfony on Twitter and retweet this article.
- Subscribe to the Symfony blog RSS and never miss a Symfony story again.
Comments are closed.
To ensure that comments stay relevant, they are closed for old posts.