A Week of Symfony #785 (10-16 January 2022)
This week, Symfony fixed some issues related to PHP enums and improved the performance when using many environment variables in your application. Meanwhile, the SymfonyWorld Online 2022 Summer Edition conference finished its early bird period, but the Call for Papers is still open, so you can send your proposals until February 14, 2022.
Symfony development highlights
This week, 28 pull requests were merged (14 in code and 14 in docs) and 24 issues were closed (19 in code and 5 in docs). Excluding merges, 25 authors made 2,988 additions and 471 deletions. See details for code and docs.
- c7a5902: [FrameworkBundle] avoid calling rtrim on null values in AssetsInstallCommand
- 9f89250: [DependencyInjection] add iterable to possible binding type
- 727842f: [PropertyAccess] fix handling of uninitialized property of anonymous class
- 5f6d897: [HttpClient] fix resetting DNS/etc when calling CurlHttpClient::reset()
- 3974dc1: [DoctrineBridge] fix invalid guess with enumType
- 01640e8: [FrameworkBundle] allow default cache pools to be overwritten by user
- 6bffe41: [DependencyInjection] optimization of resolveEnvPlaceholders
- e875021: [Messenger] resolve handled classes when only method in tag is provided
Newest issues and pull requests
- [Validator] Add multi decimal to alpha value for CssColor validator
- [ExpressionLanguage] Allow dynamic access of object properties
- [Mailer] HTML/Text template from string
- [Mailer] Translatable subjects
Symfony CLI is a must-have tool when developing Symfony applications on your local machine. It includes the Symfony Local Server, the best way to run local Symfony applications. This week Symfony CLI released its new 5.0.9 version with the following changes:
- Update phpstore dep
- Move install instructions to symfony.com
- Make php:list logs more user friendly
- Disable auto-updates of the Platform.sh CLI on cloud containers
- Add our apt and yum repositories
- Add more information about installation on the README page
- Add a note about not upgrading manually when using a package manager
These were some of the most relevant SymfonyCasts updates of the week:
- (Video) Symfony 5 Security, Chapter 43: 2fa with TOTP (Time-Based One Time Password)
- (Video) Symfony 5 Security, Chapter 44: Activating 2fa
- (Video) Symfony 5 Security, Chapter 45: Rendering the QR Code
- (Video) Symfony 5 Security, Chapter 46: QR Data & Scanning with an Authenticator App
They talked about us
- Symfony & Doctrine: Part 4
- Exploring the 17 Content Management Systems of Symfony
- When Symfony Http Kernel is a Too Big Hammer to Use
- Symfony Station Communiqué - 14 January 2022. A look at Symfony and PHP news
- Decomposing Symfony Kernel: What does Minimal Symfony Bundle Do
- EasyAdmin 4 Released
- JSON Columns and Doctrine DBAL 3 Upgrade
- A Little Sylius Adventure
- Comment désactiver certains listeners lors de certaines commandes
Call to Action
- Follow Symfony on Twitter and retweet this article.
- Subscribe to the Symfony blog RSS and never miss a Symfony story again.
Comments are closed.
To ensure that comments stay relevant, they are closed for old posts.