A Week of Symfony #789 (7-13 February 2022)
This week, the upcoming Symfony 6.1 version deprecated the $defaultName property in Console commands and added a new cache:pool:invalidate-tags command to ease the management of cache pools. Meanwhile, we discussed about bumping PHP to 8.1 in Symfony 6.1. Lastly, we announced the first speakers of SymfonyLive Paris 2022 and the Call for Papers for the international Symfony conferences.
Symfony development highlights
This week, 30 pull requests were merged (22 in code and 8 in docs) and 34 issues were closed (28 in code and 6 in docs). Excluding merges, 25 authors made 53,627 additions and 83,394 deletions. See details for code and docs.
- 8f7420c: [Cache] fix error handling when using Redis
- f9a28fe: [Messenger] retain correlation id from \AmqpEnvelope when retrying a message
- a6aecb4: [FrameworkBundle] fix sorting bug in sorting of tagged services by priority
- 7fd9127: [Serializer] fix ignored callbacks in denormalization
- 0fc8f7a: [Security] fix wrong authenticator class in debug logs
- c5be706: [Serializer] ensuring end of line character apply with constructor settings in CSV encoder
- 1211039: [Cache] add support for ACL auth in RedisAdapter
- 01d2d3e: [Console] deprecate the $defaultName property
- 34a265c: [Cache, FrameworkBundle] add cache:pool:invalidate-tags command
- 44db49f: [Security] add debug info about auth entry point
Newest issues and pull requests
- [Serializer][RFC] Context object as an alternative to array builders
- [HttpKernel] Provide a ForwardHelper as replacement for for AbstractController::forward
Symfony CLI is a must-have tool when developing Symfony applications on your local machine. It includes the Symfony Local Server, the best way to run local Symfony applications. This week Symfony CLI released its new 5.3.4 version with the following changes:
- Use socket as env var for enabling Blackfire on local web server (@fabpot)
- Update supported Platform.sh services (@fabpot)
- Support the new Blackfire port (@fabpot)
- Fix CS (@fabpot)
- Don't ignore --p12 in server:start (@pschultz)
- Add a warning on server:start to warn about NOT using the web server in production (@fabpot)
These were some of the most relevant SymfonyCasts updates of the week:
- (Video) EasyAdmin course, Chapter 9: Deep Field Configuration
- (Video) EasyAdmin course, Chapter 10: Upload Fields
- (Video) EasyAdmin course, Chapter 11: Controlling the "Formatted Value"
- (Video) EasyAdmin course, Chapter 12: The AssociationField
They talked about us
- Fastest Symfony authentication - AWS Cognito integration
- Symfony Routing with Attributes (standalone)
- How to Build and Distribute Beautiful Command-Line Applications with PHP and Composer
- Symfony Station Communiqué - 11 February 2022
- Decoupling frontend and backend development — The easy way!
- Symfony 5+ error logging handlers explained
- Shopware 6 development recap
- How does Symfony decide what content type to return in a response?
Call to Action
- Follow Symfony on Twitter and retweet this article.
- Subscribe to the Symfony blog RSS and never miss a Symfony story again.
Comments are closed.
To ensure that comments stay relevant, they are closed for old posts.