A Week of Symfony #793 (7-13 March 2022)
This week, Symfony development focused on fixing bugs and finishing new features for the upcoming Symfony 6.1 version. One of those new features is a button to copy requests as cURL commands in the Symfony Profiler. Meanwhile, the SymfonyLive Paris 2022 conference, which will take place in just 4 weeks, announced its complete workshop and talk schedule.
Symfony development highlights
This week, 47 pull requests were merged (27 in code and 20 in docs) and 23 issues were closed (17 in code and 6 in docs). Excluding merges, 28 authors made 16,338 additions and 5,309 deletions. See details for code and docs.
- d742b54: [HttpClient] fix reading proxy settings from dotenv when curl is used
- ab136f0: [DependencyInjection] fix ServiceSubscriberTrait bug where parent has __call()
- a2fc328: [Form] fix the usage of the Valid constraints in array-based forms
- 63be6fa: [Process] don't return executable directories in PhpExecutableFinder
- 2aa63d1: [HttpKernel] fix using Target attribute with controller arguments
- 5f1e0c8: [FrameworkBundle] fix container:lint and #[Autoconfigure(binds: ...)] failing
- daa8283: [Runtime] fix passing $debug parameter to ErrorHandler
- 486a39c: [Security] fix return value of NullToken::getUser()
- b7e878c: [Mailer] fix invalid Mailjet error managment
- fc4700f: [Form] make FormErrorIterator generic
- 4e033be: [Routing] avoid double encoded slashes in query parameters
- 3c2c068: [BrowserKit] add toArray to Response
- 194e274: [WebProfilerBundle] add button to copy a request as a cURL command
- 2ac4503: make constraint violation interfaces stringable
- c7dbcc9: [Config] allow using environment variables in EnumNode
- cd62c2d: [DependencyInjection] use #[Required] for ServiceSubscriberTrait::setContainer()
Newest issues and pull requests
- [Cache] Use Lock-Component when locking the recomputation of cache items
- Add ReStructuredText descriptor for console component
- Support for constants in collection keys in XML config
- Rename invalidate-tags command as clear-tags
Symfony CLI is a must-have tool when developing Symfony applications on your local machine. It includes the Symfony Local Server, the best way to run local Symfony applications. This week Symfony CLI released its new 5.4.2 version with the following changes:
- Start server with fixed port when --port argument is provided (@ruudk)
- Stand with Ukraine (@fabpot)
- Fix typo > Prefered > Preferred (@ruudk)
- Fix order in which we look up for Composer (@fabpot)
- Add automated Fury uploads (@fabpot)
These were some of the most relevant SymfonyCasts updates of the week:
- (Video) Symfony 6 course, Chapter 1: Hello Symfony
- (Video) Symfony 6 course, Chapter 2: Meet our Tiny App
- (Video) EasyAdmin course, Chapter 24: Override all the Templates!
- (Video) EasyAdmin course, Chapter 25: Permissions
- (Video) EasyAdmin course, Chapter 26: Restricting Access to an Entire Crud Section
- (Video) EasyAdmin course, Chapter 27: Entity & Field Permissions
- (Video) EasyAdmin course, Chapter 28: Security Voter & Entity Permissions
They talked about us
- Symfony Internals #2: Data Validation
- Symfony Station Communiqué - 11 March 2022
- EasyAdmin 4 for admin panel based on PHP 8 and Symfony 6: Install and create a sample
- Cómo manejar las excepciones en API Rest con Symfony
- Symfony 6 : S’authentifier avec Google, facebook, github, …
Call to Action
- Follow Symfony on Twitter and retweet this article.
- Subscribe to the Symfony blog RSS and never miss a Symfony story again.
Comments are closed.
To ensure that comments stay relevant, they are closed for old posts.