A Week of Symfony #818 (29 August - 4 September 2022)
This week of Symfony blog post is backed by:
This week, development activity mainly focused on fixing bugs and polishing existing features. The upcoming Symfony 6.2 version improved lazy services by generating lazy-loading virtual proxies for non-ghostable lazy services. Lastly, we published an article about revisiting lazy-loading proxies in PHP to explain the latest Symfony changes around lazy-loading objects.
Symfony development highlights
This week, 35 pull requests were merged (24 in code and 11 in docs) and 26 issues were closed (21 in code and 5 in docs).
- 2a1da92: [Mailer] fix edge cases in STMP transports
- cfc492e: [Form, Validator] fix checking result of DateTime::getLastErrors
- ee9df24: [FrameworkBundle] do not throw when describing a factory definition
- fc1c9be: [HttpFoundation] move flushing outside of Response::closeOutputBuffers
- 4a1d46d: [Mime] fix email rendering when having inlined parts that are not related to the content
- 5dfb353: [HttpKernel] lock when writting profiles
- 6648b82: [FrameworkBundle] tweak the factory class description for inlined factory services
- 72a3ad5: [Mime] fix TextPart broken after being serialized
- e76364c: [WebProfilerBundle] fix profile search bar link query params
- c61dfca: [String] CamelCase/SnakeCase on uppercase word
- 0b0cbd3: [Console] make bash completion run in non interactive mode
- 4bdae6f: [Console] make fish completion run in non interactive mode
- 076206a: [FrameworkBundle] update ContainerDebugCommand to add parial search for tags
- 0be39ad: replace get_class() calls by ::class
- e788a49: [Messenger] be able to get raw data when a message in not decodable by the PHP Serializer
- 0e28848: [HttpKernel] don't cache controller's reflector inside the request
- 1198986: [DependencyInjection, VarExporter] generate lazy-loading virtual proxies for non-ghostable lazy services
Newest issues and pull requests
- [FrameworkBundle] lint:container should not lint services that are removed
- Add support for UUIDv7 + 8 + MAX
These were some of the most relevant SymfonyCasts updates of the week:
- (Video) Doctrine, Symfony 6 & the Database, Chapter 7: Adding new Properties
- (Video) Doctrine, Symfony 6 & the Database, Chapter 8: Persisting to the Database
- (Video) Doctrine, Symfony 6 & the Database, Chapter 9: Querying the Database
- (Video) Doctrine, Symfony 6 & the Database, Chapter 10: Custom Entity Methods & Twig Magic
They talked about us
- Symfony Station Communiqué - 2 September 2022
- Symfony ParamConverter: the best friend you don’t know yet
- Using PHP 8.1 enumerations in a Symfony project
- How to Use the Symfony Event Dispatcher for PHP
- How to regenerate entity in symfony-6 using CLI
- Asserting the output of Symfony console commands
- Utilisation des énumérations PHP 8.1 dans un projet Symfony
Call to Action
- Follow Symfony on Twitter and retweet this article.
- Subscribe to the Symfony blog RSS and never miss a Symfony story again.
Comments are closed.
To ensure that comments stay relevant, they are closed for old posts.