A Week of Symfony #821 (19-25 September 2022)
This week, Symfony development activity focused on finishing and polishing some new features for the upcoming Symfony 6.2 version, such us: updating codebase to use modern PHP features like null coalescing assignment and match statements; adding new config options for HttpCache; and updating some new panels in the Symfony Profiler.
Symfony development highlights
This week, 35 pull requests were merged (18 in code and 17 in docs) and 17 issues were closed (7 in code and 10 in docs). Excluding merges, 25 authors made 944 additions and 352 deletions. See details for code and docs.
- 9fd0eef: [Security] fix AbstractFormLoginAuthenticator return types
- 3ad9620: [HttpKernel] fix LocaleListenerTest Accept-Language headers
- f76a3b0: [HttpKernel] use Accept-Language header even if there are no enabled locales
- 35300c4: [FrameworkBundle] add semantic config for new terminate_on_cache_hit HttpCache option
- ed1b002: [Validator] rename Uuid::V7_SORTABLE to Uuid::V7_MONOTONIC
- 9258cb5: use PHP null coalescing assignment operator
- 6e4ce77: convert switch cases to match expression
- 5205e1f: [WebProfilerPanel] update the configuration panel
- 3eacfda: [Console] add warning for possibly truncated inputs in QuestionHelper
- 4a97318: [HttpKernel] use Accept-Language header even if there are no enabled locales
Newest issues and pull requests
- Modernize current code base with the help of automated tools (e.g. rector)
- [RFC] $request->body->get
- Integrate Plivo Transport for SMS into Notifier
These were some of the most relevant SymfonyCasts updates of the week:
They talked about us
- Symfony Station Communiqué - 23 September 2022
- Serving High Performance the Symfony App with Swoole/Docker
- How to Encrypt Cookies in Symfony
- Set up docker-compose to use MailDev with symfony-based project
Call to Action
- Follow Symfony on Twitter and retweet this article.
- Subscribe to the Symfony blog RSS and never miss a Symfony story again.
Comments are closed.
To ensure that comments stay relevant, they are closed for old posts.