A Week of Symfony #823 (3-9 October 2022)
This week of Symfony blog post is backed by:
This week, Symfony development activity focused on bug fixes and feature polishing for the upcoming Symfony 6.2 version, such us: improve console scripts security by guarding them from being run in non-CLI contexts, updates related to Unicode 15 in the String component and some more design fixes for the Symfony Profiler redesign.
Symfony development highlights
This week, 37 pull requests were merged (13 in code and 24 in docs) and 22 issues were closed (14 in code and 8 in docs). Excluding merges, 26 authors made 1,016 additions and 334 deletions. See details for code and docs.
- 35910bf: guard scripts from being run in non-CLI contexts
- 216b339: [Console] fix Helper::removeDecoration hyperlink bug
- 300408c: [Messenger] fix default serializer not handling DateTime objects properly
- 1d07035: [String] update wcswidth data with Unicode 15
- fdfad3f: [Serializer] fix traceable decoration priorities
- c2af1fd: [TwigBridge] avoid double render when an exception is thrown in !debug
- 2a5148b: [WebProfilerBundle] profiler design fixes
Newest issues and pull requests
Symfony CLI is a must-have tool when developing Symfony applications on your local machine. It includes the Symfony Local Server, the best way to run local Symfony applications. This week Symfony CLI released its new 5.4.15 version with the following changes:
- Use the first configured domain when available with local:open (@fabpot)
- Fix archive name (@fabpot)
- Enable the local proxy as a service on macOS (@tucksaun)
- Add more builds (@fabpot)
This week, SymfonyCasts introduced a new course called PHPUnit: Unit Testing with a Bite!.
These were some of the most relevant SymfonyCasts updates of the week:
- (Video) Doctrine, Symfony 6 & the Database, Chapter 21: Pagination
- (Video) Doctrine, Symfony 6 & the Database, Chapter 22: Forever Scroll with Turbo Frames
- (Video) PHPUnit: Unit Testing with a Bite!, Chapter 1: PHPUnit Install
- (Video) PHPUnit: Unit Testing with a Bite!, Chapter 2: Our First Test
They talked about us
- Symfony Station Communiqué - 30 September 2022
- Proof of concept — Symfony UX and Shopware 6
- Symfony Messenger pre and post-handle messages
- Symfony: translate Assert custom messages from entities
- Marko Vušak presents Fun with feature flags
- How to store passwords/credentials in Symfony project(s)
- Integrate Twilio WhatsApp Business API with a Symfony Application
Call to Action
- Follow Symfony on Twitter and retweet this article.
- Subscribe to the Symfony blog RSS and never miss a Symfony story again.
Comments are closed.
To ensure that comments stay relevant, they are closed for old posts.