A Week of Symfony #828 (7-13 November 2022)
This week of Symfony blog post is backed by:
This week, Symfony 6.2 continued polishing and fixing features before its final release at the end of November 2022: we tweaked the UserValueResolver priority and fixed some issues in the PSR-4 route loader. Finally, the SymfonyCon 2022 conference will take place next week in Disneyland Paris (France).
Symfony development highlights
This week, 24 pull requests were merged (22 in code and 2 in docs) and 47 issues were closed (45 in code and 2 in docs). Excluding merges, 20 authors made contributions. See details for code and docs.
- 1fd4b63: [Messenger] do not throw "no handlers" exception when skipping handlers due to duplicate handling
- 969f19b: [Messenger] tell about messenger:consume invalid limit options
- 2e3ffe2: [PhpUnitBridge] fix language deprecations incorrectly marked as direct
- a671816: [HttpKernel] don’t try to wire Response argument with controller.service_arguments
- d5ba532: [HttpClient] handle Amp HTTP client v5 incompatibility gracefully
- 1d2e025: [Console] fix console ProgressBar::override() after manual ProgressBar::cleanup()
- 300dc26: [FrameworkBundle] explicitly disable HTTP method overrides in tests
- 91b2bca: [Routing] fix PSR-4 directory loader for abstract classes
- 2596a1f: [Mime] when serializing File parts convert to string to allow proper unserialization
- fec1de7: [Security] remove extra call to check if Session exists
- 36e240c: [Validator] add the type for ConstraintValidatorTestCase::createValidator
- 860d86a: [SecurityBundle] set UserValueResolver priority higher than EntityValueResolver
- 4618856: [FrameworkBundle] split loggers debug compiler pass
- 8eac401: [WebProfilerBundle] minor tweaks in profiler redesign
- ea9ed6c: [Routing] make sure enums don't confuse the PSR-4 loader
Newest issues and pull requests
- [Symfony/Mailer] support STMP over an unix stream socket
- [Translation] Use objects as param like with Twig
- [Translation] Default parameters
Symfony CLI is a must-have tool when developing Symfony applications on your local machine. It includes the Symfony Local Server, the best way to run local Symfony applications. This week Symfony CLI released its new 5.4.18 version with the following changes:
- Run goreleaser release instead of build for PR (@tucksaun)
- Always run gorelease build except for tags (@tucksaun)
- Give more visibility to Cloudsmith (@fabpot)
- Allow security:check to work in Docker images (@tucksaun)
- Add multiarch (amd64/arm64) support for Docker images (@tucksaun)
- Add Docker image releasing (ghcr.io/symfony-cli/symfony-cli) (@shyim)
These were some of the most relevant SymfonyCasts updates of the week:
- (Video) Design Patterns for Fun and Proficiency, Chapter 6: Builder in Symfony & with a Factory
- (Video) Design Patterns for Fun and Proficiency, Chapter 7: The Observer Pattern
- (Video) Design Patterns for Fun and Proficiency, Chapter 8: The Observer Class
- (Video) PHPUnit: Unit Testing with a Bite!, Chapter 16: Setup and Tearing It Down
They talked about us
- Tips for a PayPal implementation with Symfony in 2022
- How to setup Symfony Messenger in 5 minutes
- Do not drop your database content when adding Translatable to an existing project
- Implementing Builder Pattern in PHP and Symfony like a boss!
- Deploy a Symfony website to multiple droplets on DigitalOcean
- Symfony 6: User Authentication
- Symfony 6 and EasyAdmin 4: Admin Panel for User Management System
- Symfony 6 and EasyAdmin 4: Hashing password
- Symfony 6 and Lexik JWT Bundle 2: Auth with JSON Web Token
- Symfony 6 and JWT bundles: Refresh token
- Cómo crear y usar una función DQL en Symfony
Call to Action
- Follow Symfony on Twitter and retweet this article.
- Subscribe to the Symfony blog RSS and never miss a Symfony story again.
Comments are closed.
To ensure that comments stay relevant, they are closed for old posts.