A Week of Symfony #829 (14-20 November 2022)
This week, the third beta of Symfony 6.2 was released so you can test it in your own projects before its final release at the end of November 2022. Meanwhile, the SymfonyCon 2022 took place this week in Disneyland Paris and it was a resounding success; gathering a huge and thriving community from around the World to get the latest updates from the Symfony ecosystem.
Symfony development highlights
This week, 21 pull requests were merged (14 in code and 7 in docs) and 18 issues were closed (14 in code and 4 in docs). Excluding merges, 16 authors made 7,068 additions and 6,931 deletions. See details for code and docs.
- 63221f0: [Messenger] fix time-limit check exception
- 0eebba6: [PropertyInfo] ensure docblock compatibility with PhpStan's docblock parser
- b0e1f66: [Console] fix signal handlers called after event listeners and skip exit
- d4162b3: [Translation] configure replace_breaks to prevent issues with multilines translations in Lokalise provider
- d4fab7f: [Console] improve error message when shell is not detected in completion command
- 5882b4f: [Console] support completion for bash functions
- c6b54c5: [VarExporter] use array<property-name,Closure> for partial initialization of lazy ghost objects
- f5fca80: [Yaml] restore deprecated php/const: syntax in YAML key
- 02193c0: [Clock] provide modify() method in MockClock
Newest issues and pull requests
- [FrameworkBundle] Test assertAnySelectorText* functions
- [Notifier] Allow MessageOptions in SmsMessage
Symfony CLI is a must-have tool when developing Symfony applications on your local machine. It includes the Symfony Local Server, the best way to run local Symfony applications. This week Symfony CLI released its new 5.4.19 version with the following changes:
- feat: use the current hostname when serving the PAC file (@tucksaun)
- ci: make sure the binary can be run after any code update (@tucksaun)
- Get rid of Github Actions deprecations (@NoResponseMate)
- Fix table formatting when ANSI terminal links are present in the table (@tucksaun)
- Fix panic because of flags duplicated with the Platform.sh binary (@tucksaun)
- Fix local domains are removed if .symfony.local.yaml exists (@tucksaun)
These were some of the most relevant SymfonyCasts updates of the week:
- (Video) Design Patterns for Fun and Proficiency, Chapter 9: Observer Inside Symfony + Benefits
- (Video) Netgen Layouts: Building Pages with Symfony, Chapter 1: Hello Layouts+ Setup!
- (Video) Netgen Layouts: Building Pages with Symfony, Chapter 2: Creating & Mapping Layouts
- (Video) Netgen Layouts: Building Pages with Symfony, Chapter 3: Adding Twig Blocks to your Dynamic Layout
- (Video) Netgen Layouts: Building Pages with Symfony, Chapter 4: Shared Layouts
- (Video) Netgen Layouts: Building Pages with Symfony, Chapter 5: Adding More Customized Blocks
They talked about us
- Convert Request Data to DTO Input Objects With Symfony
- How Symfony UX United Two Worlds
- Introduction to Symfony 6 Framework
- Using Doctrine’s L2 Cache in Symfony
- Implementing Visitor Pattern in PHP and Symfony
Call to Action
- Follow Symfony on Twitter and retweet this article.
- Subscribe to the Symfony blog RSS and never miss a Symfony story again.