A Week of Symfony #838 (16-22 January 2023)
This week, the upcoming Symfony 6.3 version added some improvements to the Clock component, marked some parameters as sensitive and updated the Profiler to display date/times in the local timezone of the developer. Meanwhile, SymfonyCasts announced a new course about API Platform 3. Finally, we welcomed bitExpert, SensioLabs, SymfonyCasts and Shopware as new backers of the Symfony backers program.
Symfony development highlights
This week, 52 pull requests were merged (22 in code and 30 in docs) and 28 issues were closed (12 in code and 16 in docs). Excluding merges, 22 authors made contributions. See details for code and docs.
- bf901b8: [VarDumper] fix JS to expand / collapse
- 3bd051f: [Notifier] handle invalid receiver in OvhCloud
- dd30a08: [Runtime] fix for Windows when projects are deployed on junctions/symlinks
- 39cd93a: [Cache] fix collecting cache stats when nesting computations
- ec73043: [Security] return default value instead of deferring to lower prio resolvers when using #[CurrentUser] and no user is found
- 473d1ec, e7148da, 50e6dc7: add bitExpert, SensioLabs and SymfonyCasts as backers
- f3c1ef1: [Clock] make ClockAwareTrait use the global clock by default
- 107be18: add #[SensitiveParameter] to session ID
- bcfa507: [Config] do not array_unique EnumNode values
- adbfcfa: [WebProfilerBundle] display date/time elements in the user local timezone
- d29623d: [WebProfilerBundle] mailer panel tweaks
- 66952fd: [WebProfilerBundle] close profiler settings on escape
- 5bf96bd: [Lock] create migration for lock table when DoctrineDbalStore is used
- 2688a15: add SensioLabs and Shopware as backers
- 4b33917: [Config] fix EnumNode invalid value message
Newest issues and pull requests
- [DependencyInjection] Allow an easy decorator on multiple services
- [Security] [RFC] Update Events to retrieve the real Authenticator in local env (CheckPassportEvent for instance)
- (Video) API Platform 3: Mythically Good RESTful APIs, Chapter 1: Installing API Platform
- (Video) API Platform 3: Mythically Good RESTful APIs, Chapter 2: Creating your First ApiResource
They talked about us
- Symfony Station Communiqué - 20 January 2023
- Handle Symfony Events with Twilio SMS
- Sylius Year 2022 in Review and What’s Next
- How to Create a Page in Symfony 6 (Frontend)?
- Symfony api one endpoint. Pushing notifications using mercure
- Como crear entidades usando el ORM Doctrine de PHP
- Cómo ejecutar tu aplicación Symfony con FrankenPHP
- Authentification JWT Symfony 6
Call to Action
- Follow Symfony on Twitter and retweet this article.
- Subscribe to the Symfony blog RSS and never miss a Symfony story again.