A Week of Symfony #840 (30 January - 5 February 2023)
This week, Symfony 4.4.50, 5.4.20, 6.0.20, 6.1.12, and 6.2.6 were released to address some security issues related to CSRF tokens and cookie headers in HTTP Cache. Moreover, we celebrated the companies that back Symfony 6.2 development and announced the SymfonyLive Paris 2023 conference workshops.
Symfony development highlights
This week, 60 pull requests were merged (32 in code and 28 in docs) and 18 issues were closed (10 in code and 8 in docs). Excluding merges, 25 authors made 3,261 additions and 1,550 deletions. See details for code and docs.
- 393c603: [DependencyInjection] fix combinatory explosion when autowiring union and intersection types
- 69f113a: [Ldap] allow multiple values on extra_fields
- bf3e2cd: [String] remove duplicates in fold maps
- d0b723e: [PropertyInfo] fail with a meaningful error when a needed package is missing
- 81de559: [Tests] new iteration of removing $this occurrences in future static data providers
- 00676bc: [WebProfilerBundle] fix some minor HTML issues
- 9a11bbd: [WebProfilerBundle] disable Turbo for debug toolbar links
- e53785b: [Validator] make ConstraintValidatorTestCase compatible with PHPUnit 10
- 1db371f: [PropertyInfo] add meaningful message when phpstan/phpdoc-parser is not installed when using PhpStanExtractor
- 29d73d7: [Response] getMaxAge() returns non-negative integer
- 6cc1e5a: [Translation] add Crowdin and Prisma Media as backers of some Symfony 6.2 components
- c2f0bd9: [Mailer] fix undefined key in error response in MailPace bridge
- ad14daf: [Form] fix PasswordHasherListener to work with empty data
- 22a2729: [Workflow] remove unused parameter transitionId in MermaidDumper
- c24cf10: [HttpFoundation] fix defining expiry index in PdoSessionHandler::configureSchema()
- 33dac94: [Console] add ReStructuredText descriptor
- 6d00b0c: [Yaml] allow milliseconds and microseconds in dates
- 1655d17: [Config] allow enum values in EnumNode
Newest issues and pull requests
- Monitor/debug DB calls made by serialization
- [Messenger] Allow of one handler method for Handling Multiple Messages with AsMessageHandler attribute
- Add a way to disable or remove some CLI commands depending of runtime environment
- [Translation] Pass a TranslatorInterface instance to the LocaleSwitcher callback
- [Serializer] Improve normalization performance?
- Support predis 2.* on cache RedisAdapter
These were some of the most relevant SymfonyCasts updates of the week:
- (Video) API Platform 3: Mythically Good RESTful APIs, Chapter 7: API Debugging with the Profiler
- (Video) API Platform 3: Mythically Good RESTful APIs, Chapter 8: Operations / Endpoints
- (Video) API Platform 3: Mythically Good RESTful APIs, Chapter 9: The Serializer
- (Video) API Platform 3: Mythically Good RESTful APIs, Chapter 10: Serialization Groups: Choosing Fields
They talked about us
- Symfony Station Communiqué - 03 February 2023
- How TaggedLocator Can Help You Design Better Symfony Application
- Accessing Symfony security user on the background
- Manage Elasticsearch indices with elasticsearch-php library
- Gérer un index Elasticsearch avec la librairie elasticsearch-php
- API Platform’da IRI kullanımı
Call to Action
- Follow Symfony on Twitter and retweet this article.
- Subscribe to the Symfony blog RSS and never miss a Symfony story again.
Help the Symfony project!
As with any Open-Source project, contributing code or documentation is the most common way to help, but we also have a wide range of sponsoring opportunities.