A Week of Symfony #850 (10-16 April 2023)
This week, Symfony 6.2.9 maintenance release was published. Meanwhile, the upcoming Symfony 6.3 version continued adding features such as: adding the locale to the app global Twig variable, a new token handler and user for OpenID Connect, two new attributes called MapRequestPayload and MapQueryString to map Request input to typed objects and a new debug command for Serializer. Lastly, we published all the information about the workshops of the SymfonyOnline conference in June 2023.
Symfony development highlights
This week, 42 pull requests were merged (24 in code and 18 in docs) and 22 issues were closed (12 in code and 10 in docs). Excluding merges, 30 authors made 14,381 additions and 9,912 deletions. See details for code and docs.
- 0ccb053: [ErrorHandler] fix sending Vary header with SerializerErrorRenderer
- 026286b: [Mailer] add bridge documentation
- 6ae4ac9: [Console] restoring the ability to output unicode text to the Win10 console
- 8c1af42: [Intl] update the ICU data to 73.1
- 547e876: [HttpClient] fix proxied redirects in curl client
- 49de027: [Serializer] fix denormalization of object with typed constructor arg (not castable) and with COLLECT_DENORMALIZATION_ERRORS
- 531fb00: [Serializer] fix serializer normalize attribute context
- fbe1a1c: [Serializer] fix deprecations caused by ObjectNormalizer marked as final
- 6b92f5d: [TwigBridge, TwigBundle] add current locale to AppVariable
- 2d77238: [SecurityBundle] set request stateless only if the attribute is not defined
- 9d8a9b6: [Notifier] add options to Telegram Bridge
- 1c79c79: [Security] add OidcUserInfoTokenHandler and OidcUser
- 6f85f72: [HttpKernel] create Attributes #[MapRequestPayload] and #[MapQueryString] to map Request input to typed objects
- 8eaff6c: [BrowserKit] add proper exception hierarchy
- 58f0915: [Serializer] add Debug command
- 88f04e6: [Mailer] allow overriding default eSMTP authenticators
- 4d90e1f: [VarDumper] add missing return types
- e738a6c: [Mime] added getDispostion() to TextPart to get current content disposition
- f842797: [HttpKernel] merge PartialDenormalizationException errors and validation errors together
Newest issues and pull requests
- [HttpClient] Allow configure a Mock Response Factory for a specific HTTPClient
- Make ConstraintValidator->formatValue aware of enums
- [Twig] Register custom functions & filters using an attribute
- Proposal for the creation of interfaces for the Symfony HttpFoundation component
These were some of the most relevant SymfonyCasts updates of the week:
- (Video) API Platform 3: Security for your Treasures, Chapter 21: Only Allow Owners to Edit
- (Video) API Platform 3: Security for your Treasures, Chapter 32: Allow Admin Users to Edit any Treasure
- (Video) API Platform 3: Security for your Treasures, Chapter 23: Security Voter
- (Video) API Platform 3: Security for your Treasures, Chapter 24: Conditional Fields by User: ApiProperty
They talked about us
- Symfony Station Communiqué - 14 April 2023
- Using PHP enumerations with your Symfony workflows
- Symfony, reverse proxies and IP protection
- Streamline Error Reporting and Debugging in Symfony with GlitchTip Integration
- How to add passkey authentication to your PHP Symfony app with Corbado
- Utilisation des énumérations PHP avec vos workflow Symfony
- Unit Test Kavramı ve Php Symfony Uygulaması
Call to Action
- Follow Symfony on Twitter and retweet this article.
- Subscribe to the Symfony blog RSS and never miss a Symfony story again.
Help the Symfony project!
As with any Open-Source project, contributing code or documentation is the most common way to help, but we also have a wide range of sponsoring opportunities.