A Week of Symfony #863 (10-16 July 2023)
This week of Symfony blog post is backed by:
This week, Symfony development activity focused on tweaking and fixing bugs on stable versions. Meanwhile, we improved performance of service auto-discovery in the upcoming Symfony 6.4 version. Finally, we announced the last days to submit your proposal for the Call for Papers of the SymfonyCon Brussels 2023 conference.
Symfony development highlights
This week, 45 pull requests were merged (27 in code and 18 in docs) and 30 issues were closed (15 in code and 15 in docs). Excluding merges, 25 authors made 60,416 additions and 59,305 deletions. See details for code and docs.
- 7eded76: [Intl] use VarExporter::export() in PhpBundleWriter
- de7ab4d: [PhpUnitBridge] kill the last concurrent process when it stales for more than 60s
- a056e7b: [Intl] taking into account bibliographic + overlong
- 23da9db: [VarDumper] fix dumping ArrayObject with DumpDataCollector
- b899365: [RateLimiter] fix incorrect retryAfter of FixedWindow
- f57faf3: [FrameworkBundle] add missing monolog channel tag to the messenger:failed:retry
- fbd3988: [Form] fetch all known ChoiceType values at once
- e8dc1c2: [HttpKernel, WebProfilerBundle] fix search feature
- 97bd5a0: [DebugBundle, FrameworkBundle] fix using the framework without the Console component
- 67acf9e: [Validator] do not mock metadata factory on debug command tests
- 6eff7f0: [Security] allow custom scheme to be used as redirection URIs
- 6f2e603: [PropertyAccess] fix access to undefined "file" key when checking stack frames
- 8cbe646: [Messenger] do not listen to signals if the pcntl extension is missing
- 201ad71: [HttpKernel] skip corrupted CSV data in FileProfilerStorage
- 43066ff: [Console] add support for catching \Throwable errors
- e868f0a: [PropertyAccess] auto-cast from/to DateTime/Immutable when appropriate
- acd9e3b: [DependencyInjection] make better use of memory and CPU during auto-discovery
- 6a65ebd: [DependencyInjection] improve reporting named autowiring aliases
- 31bad80: [Security] make PersistentToken immutable and tell TokenProviderInterface::updateToken() implementations should accept DateTimeInterface
- 1cfb601: [ErrorHandler] avoid compile crash while trying to find candidate when a class is not found
- 3688c1b: [TwigBundle] allow omitting the autoescape_service_method option when autoescape_service is set to an invokable service id
Newest issues and pull requests
- [RFC] Drop support for generating preloading script
- Support backed enums in #[MapQueryParameter]
- Support translatable Enum in Forms
- [Security] Automatically create logout route if it does not exists
- Webhook sent events
- File transport for Mailer
These were some of the most relevant SymfonyCasts updates of the week:
- (Video) AssetMapper: Modern JS with Zero Build System, Chapter 5: CSS & Background Images
- (Video) AssetMapper: Modern JS with Zero Build System, Chapter 6: 3rd Party CSS
- (Video) AssetMapper: Modern JS with Zero Build System, Chapter 7: Adding Fonts
- (Video) AssetMapper: Modern JS with Zero Build System, Chapter 8: Tailwind CSS
They talked about us
- Symfony Station Communiqué - 14 July 2023
- Exploring Symfony Mailer and Load Balancing with Round-Robin Algorithm
- RESTful APIs with Symfony: Building Web Services
- API Platform up and running in 5 minutes
- Interoperabilidad entre los modelos de Angular y las entidades de Symfony para la gestión de datos
Call to Action
- Follow Symfony on Twitter and retweet this article.
- Subscribe to the Symfony blog RSS and never miss a Symfony story again.
Comments are closed.
To ensure that comments stay relevant, they are closed for old posts.