A Week of Symfony #873 (18-24 September 2023)
This week, we continued working on tweaking and polishing the new features of the upcoming Symfony 6.4 features. In addition, the community proposed a revamp of the Serializer component to make it more powerful and performant. Lastly, we published more talks for the SymfonyCon Brussels 2023 conference and announced the last early bird days for the SymfonyLive Paris 2024 conference.
Symfony development highlights
This week, 56 pull requests were merged (19 in code and 37 in docs) and 56 issues were closed (24 in code and 32 in docs). Excluding merges, 29 authors made 17,898 additions and 11,354 deletions. See details for code and docs.
- 0f6c37a: [HttpClient] fix TraceableResponse if response has no destruct method
- ac2e41f: [FrameworkBundle] fix support for translator.default_path in XML
- 1de61c7: [SecurityBundle, PasswordHasher] fix password migration with custom hasher service with security bundle config
- c0fbe7f: [Cache] fix support for Redis Sentinel using php-redis 6.0.0
- b9c30fb: [DependencyInjection] fix autocasting null env values to empty string with container.env_var_processors_locator
- aa56d07: [Messenger] fix cloned TraceableStack not unstacking the stack independently
- a99b697: [Notifier] fix Smsmode HttpClient mandatory headers
- 0552d19: [FrameworkBundle] handle tags array attributes in descriptors
- 93afb42: [Routing] fix routing collection defaults when adding a new route to a collection
- c49e2d7: [Translation] give current locale to LocaleSwitcher::runWithLocale() callback
- 18685c4: [Mime] allow to add some headers as a strings
- f9327be: [Translation] add --as-tree option to translation:pull command
- dbf4bda: [Messenger] add support for multiple Redis Sentinel hosts
- 7d310a3: [Translation] refactor ReadConfig and WriteConfig into arrays in Phrase provider
Newest issues and pull requests
- [Serializer] Putting the serializer component on steroids
- [DoctrineBridge] Passing the request object to the EntityValueResolver's expression
These were some of the most relevant SymfonyCasts updates of the week:
- (Video) API Platform 3 Part 3: Custom Resources, Chapter 11: Custom Resource State Processor
- (Video) API Platform 3 Part 3: Custom Resources, Chapter 12: Relating Custom ApiResources
- (Video) API Platform 3 Part 3: Custom Resources, Chapter 13: Embedding Custom DTO's
- (Video) API Platform 3 Part 3: Custom Resources, Chapter 14: Pagination on a Custom Resource
- (Video) API Platform 3 Part 3: Custom Resources, Chapter 15: User Class Dto
They talked about us
- Symfony Station Communiqué - 22 September 2023
- How to accept gzip with Symfony HTTP Client
- Automatically register doctrine types in Symfony with compiler pass
- Unveiling Mind-Blowing Symfony Features
- Enhancing Symfony Application Performance: Overcoming Many-to-Many Challenges with Postgres and ClickHouse
Call to Action
- Follow Symfony on Twitter and retweet this article.
- Subscribe to the Symfony blog RSS and never miss a Symfony story again.
Comments are closed.
To ensure that comments stay relevant, they are closed for old posts.