Join us in 2 weeks at our online pre-conference workshops at SymfonyWorld Online 2022 Summer Edition
Join us in 2 weeks at SymfonyWorld Online 2022 Summer Edition conference! The international online Symfony event will be organized entirely online and in English from June 14 to 17 2022:
- June 14-15: online pre-conference workshop days
- June 16-17: online conference days
The entire conference schedule of the conference is published, discover all the talks and speakers you’ll listen to during our 2-day of online conferences!
Take advantage of the online conference to get trained on Symfony and its ecosystem before the conference. We’re very happy to organize online workshop days on June 14-15. Entirely in English, we offer several online workshops per day, you can choose among a two-day workshop or 2 one-day workshops to get your personalized combo workshop.
Have a look at all the workshops scheduled for this edition of the online conference:
- Symfony 5/6: the fast track: 2-day workshop on June 14 and 15, hosted by Nicolas Grekas, Symfony Core Team member. This training is from the book "Symfony 5/6: The Fast Track" by Fabien Potencier. In 2 days, it will teach you how to build a Symfony application from A to Z using new practices and new components. For those who are new to Symfony, this training is an opportunity to discover capabilities of Symfony. For more experienced devs, it's an opportunity to know about and to practice the latest features and best practices. We will build an application with all the infrastructure of modern apps: database, application and HTTP cache server, message bus for background processing, APIs and SPAs, etc. We will start from the basics with the installation of a skeleton application, the creation of a data model and a "backoffice", then we will add screens for users, a security system to partition rights, an API to allow interaction via a SPA. We will enrich the business rules to send notifications, send emails, manage internationalization, resize images, manage a publication workflow, etc. Finally, we will optimize the application for production through HTTP and application caches, through asset management (JS/CSS/images) and secrets management. To secure each step, we will write tests to guarantee non-regressions.
- Knowing your state machines - Symfony Workflow: 1-day workshop on June 14, hosted by Tobias Nyholm, Symfony Core Team member. Web development is not just about delivering a response, it is also about writing good code. The state pattern will help you move complexity from being all over your code to one or more state machines. This workshop will introduce state machines, show you how to identify uses of them, and implement them in your Symfony application in an object-oriented manner using the Symfony Workflow component.
- RESTful Webservices in Symfony: 1-day workshop on June 14, hosted by Jan Schädlich, Lead Developer PHP/Symfony. Nowadays RESTful Apis are powering the web and are used in almost every web application. In this workshop you will learn the fundamental principles of REST and how you can implement a RESTful Application using Symfony. We will start with the basics of REST and will cover some more advanced topics like Serialization, Content-Negotiation and Security afterwards. Besides all the theory the attendees can deepen their learnings on every topic while doing the provided coding challenges.
- Symfony Security in Depth: 1-day workshop on June 14, hosted by Ryan Weaver, Symfony Core Team member, Lead of its documentation. In this workshop, we will start out with a recap of the basics of building a modern authentication, and how the Authenticator system ties into standard authentication methods like a simple form login. In the main part, we will look at how we can utilize the new Authenticators: we will use them to add JWT/OAuth support, and we check out how to use existing libraries to easily add customizable 2FA to your application. The last part rounds up a collection of best practices that you should not neglect when building your authentication: Topics like CSRF protection, protection from timing attacks, rate limiting against brute force attempts.
- Test Driven Development The Right Way: 1-day workshop on June 15, hosted by Diego Aguiar, Web developer. Attend this workshop and learn what TDD really is by practice and add this methodology to your developer toolkit In this workshop, you'll learn about: How to develop a complex feature from scratch by applying TDD using PHPUnit; The anatomy of a clean test: Arrange, Act, & Assert; Going faster. Demystify the myth that TDD only slows you down; And many other useful tricks...
- Profiling Symfony & PHP apps: 1-day workshop on June 15, hosted by Jérôme Vieilledent, DevRel Engineer Blackfire. It is difficult to improve what is not measurable! Profiling an application should always be the first step in trying to improve its performance. With this workshop, learn how to identify performance issues in your application and adopt the best profiling practices in your daily development habits. This workshop will use the Blackfire.io tool to help you identify performance leaks.
Book now your pre-conference workshop at SymfonyWorld Online 2022 Summer Edition. Attend the workshops only, or the conference only or both: book a combo ticket! You have 3 options to attend the upcoming online event and get the most out of the event! Don't miss it!
Join us in 2 weeks and enhance your Symfony skills: attend an online Symfony workshop!
Comments are closed.
To ensure that comments stay relevant, they are closed for old posts.