SymfonyOnline June 2023 - Let your end users be creative with the ExpressionLanguage component
SymfonyOnline June 2023 will start in less than 2 months! Join us online on June 15-16. We've already announced an impressive lineup of speakers and topics. Visit here to learn more and don't miss out on this exciting opportunity!
We're excited to reveal that our speakers' team has just welcomed a new member, and it's none other than...
Florian Merle (@florianm__), Developer, Akawaka, will talk about "Let your end users be creative with the ExpressionLanguage component ":
"The ExpressionLanguage component has been around for quite some time, and its usefulness is no longer to be proven. Many popular projects like OroCRM, Sylius, or Symfony itself use it.
This component can be seen as a PHP sandbox and is mainly used to set up an application by allowing for advanced configuration. It can also be used as an engine to implement business rules. Indeed, by using the component in this way, it is possible to let end users write configurations in an understandable, secure, and dynamic way.
This last aspect is really interesting and is what I want to explain.
During this talk, we will re-discover the ExpressionLanguage component by getting an overview of the conventional way it is used. Then, through a concrete example, we will see the real potential of this component. In an e-commerce context, we will create a system that allows administrators to write business rules. These rules will dynamically apply promotions.
At the end of the talk, we will know how to use the ExpressionLanguage component to let end users build their own business rules."
Join us for SymfonyOnline June 2023 by taking the following steps:
1) Read the detailed talks and workshops:
Allison Guilhem, Łukasz Chruściel, Fabien Potencier, Maximilian Beckers, Carlos Granados and, Alexandre Salomé, Malte Wunsch, Kevin Bond, Nicolas Grekas, Alexander M. Turek, Titouan Galopin, Emanuele Panzeri, Marine Gandy and, Kévin Dunglas are part of our incredible team of speakers. Further announcements will be made shortly, stay tuned!
The detailed and almost complete program is available here!
Discover also the exciting workshops that await you:
- Symfony 5/6: the fast track: 2-day Workshop by Nicolas Grekas, Symfony Core-Team, on June 13 and 14
- Mastering OOP & Design Patterns: 2-day Workshop by Alexandre Salomé, Director of Engineering, Platform.sh, on June 13 and 14
- RESTful Webservices in Symfony: 1-day Workshop by Jan Schädlich, Software Developer Freelance, on June 13 or June 14
- Profiling Symfony & PHP apps: 1-day Workshop by Thomas Di Luccio, DevRel Engineer, Platform.sh, on June 13 or June 14
- Getting the Most Out of PHPStan: 1-day Workshop by Ondřej Mirtes, Creator of PHPStan, on June 13
- Test driven development the right way: 1-day Workshop by Diego Aguiar, Web Developer, SymfonyCasts, on June 14
2) Register by clicking on Buy ticket and benefit from the regular rate until May 24th (included).
3) Choose the ticket of your choice:
- June 13-14: Workshop only. It is possible to attend a two-day training or two one-day trainings. Topics are available here!
- June 15-16: Conference only with 2 tracks in English. Each talk replay from the conference will be available as soon as each talk ends!
- June 13-16: Combo ticket "Conference + Workshops" to live a Symfony week experience!
4) Follow the "conference" blog posts to not miss anything!
Stay informed about the latest Symfony developments and participate in this exciting event from the comfort of your home!
Join us for this exciting event, be part of the @symfony community!
Help the Symfony project!
As with any Open-Source project, contributing code or documentation is the most common way to help, but we also have a wide range of sponsoring opportunities.