SymfonyWorld 2020: meet new conference speakers!
We’re thrilled to welcome more conference speakers at SymfonyWorld 2020! The conference is coming in less than 2 months, will you be there?
We are so happy to meet you online and celebrate Symfony’s 15th anniversary with the wonderful Symfony community. Join us from December 1st to 5th for our first ever 100% online event!
We've announced the first part and the second part of the selected speakers of SymfonyWorld 2020. We are now super pleased to welcome more speakers at SymfonyWorld 2020:
- Denis Brumann, Software Developer, will be talking about "Serializer Demystified". The Serializer is an essential tool when building APIs with Symfony. Knowing it in more detail can save you a lot of time when you want to customize how your data is handled. In this talk we will look at how the Symfony Serializer works by default by having a deeper look at the provided Normalizers and then we will look at some use cases for customizing both how data is serialized and deserialized.
- Pauline Vos, Lead Engineer, will be speaking about "Get Social! Implementing Social Login in your Symfony Project".You build a beautiful application, only to have users drop off at the registration step. It's a challenge many of us have struggled with. Social login can lower the bar for users, and increase conversion in your on-boarding funnel. Implementing it can be very straightforward, but what happens when you need something more specific for your application? And how do you make sure the entire round-trip is tested properly? We'll discover all the pitfalls and challenges and how to solve them in this talk.
- Samuel Roze, VP of Engineering, core team member of Symfony, creator of ContinuousPipe, Tolerance, Symfony Messenger and more, will be talking about "Streaming: an alternative to CRUD & batch processing". If a product or a company grows after its early stage, it’s not rare that there will be multiple systems or “services” communicating to each other. The two most common ways are by using APIs or batch processing. In this talk, I will show you another way, message streaming. This less known technique has great maintenance and decoupling properties given that you understand its ordering and idempotence requirements, which we will discuss. We will also see how partitioning allows us to scale the streams in separate segments, while maintaining the previous requirements.
- Jérémy Derussé, Solution Architect and author of Symfony/Lock component, will be sharing his experience about "Lock & Semaphore: The gatekeepers of your resources". Released with Symfony 3.4, the Lock component allows you to limit concurrent access to shared resources. 3 years later, its little brother, the Semaphore component completes the range of tools at our disposal. Well beyond the classic flock() or sem_acquire(), these components enable us to cover more complex use-cases such as maintaining a lock on several pages or integrating into a distributed and high availability infrastructure. In this talk, through business examples, I'll show you how those components work. And we will see the possibilities they offer us as well as their limits.
In total, we'll have the pleasure to welcome about 30 speakers and to listen to their fantastic talks, to help you enhance your Symfony knowledge and experience. We'll also have the privilege to listen to the following speakers, already published on the conference schedule:
- Ramona Schwering, Quality Assurance and Cypress Ambassador, speaking about "Symfony meets Cypress - E2E testing for symfony developers".
- Damien Alexandre, PHP and Elasticsearch consultant, talking about "Elasticsearch with Symfony, from development to production".
- Christopher Hertel, Software Architect, giving a talk about "Better Console Applications".
- Thomas Berends, PHP Developer, speaking about "PHP + Minecraft".
- Nils Adermann, co-creator of Composer, talking about "Composer 2". He'll be speaking with Jordi Boggiano, co-creator of Composer.
- David Buchmann, Software Developer, Open Source Contributor & Maintainer, strongly engaged with the Symfony CMF initiative, speaking about "Decoupling an application with Symfony Messenger".
- Chris Holland, Director of Engineering and contributor to NomadPHP and php[architect] magazine, presenting a talk entitled "Password Hashing and You".
- Benoit Jacquemont, Opensource advocate and co-founder and CTO of Akeneo, talking about "Why 0.1 + 0.2 != 0.3, or the mysterious world of floating-point numbers".
Discover the entire list of talks scheduled to the conference! The speakers selection is not over yet, we're still selecting more conference speakers. Thank you again to all the people who took the time to submit a talk proposal!
The SymfonyWorld experience is a 5-day event, here is the full conference agenda:
- Pre-conference workshop days: December 1st and 2nd (topics will be online soon)
- Conference days: December 3rd and 4th
- Hackday: December 5th all day via Slack, open to anyone
We will offer 3 conference tracks: a beginner track, an advanced track and a PHP track. You'll be able to switch between tracks and if you missed a talk, you'll be able to watch the replay just after its scheduled version has been done. The entire event will be organized online in English.
Book your SymfonyWorld 2020 ticket now! While ordering your online conference ticket, buy your special conference goodies: the official conference t-shirt and the small 15 years Symfony elephpant, a very limited edition of the Symfony elephpant! If you're interested in the big 15 years Symfony elephpant, find out more information here or check our Symfony Store. You forgot to buy your conference swag when booking your conference ticket? No worries, if you are a registered conference attendee, you can buy later your special Symfony conference swag from your Symfony account, think about it!
Stay tuned for more announces!
SymfonyWorld 2020: meet new conference speakers! symfony.com/blog/symfonyworld-2020-meet-new-conference-speakersTweet this
Become a certified developer! Exams are online and available in all countries.Register Now