A week of symfony #84 (4->10 august 2008)
Symfony is living a plugin frenzy since the launch of the new plugins section of the website. Lots of new plugins are created every week and dozens of fixes and improvements are made to the existing plugins. Moreover, the plugins section itself is continually improved with new features demanded by symfony users.
Development mailing list
- r10677: [1.2] added a custom HTTP header when getting information for a plugin
- r10678: [1.1, 1.2] fixed propel tasks when Phing is installed as PEAR
- r10699, r10700, r10701: [1.0, 1.1, 1.2] Model classes autoload inclusion order is not right, causing problems when both plugin and app define the same class
- r10702, r10703: [1.1, 1.2] fixed a bug when tasks are nested, newly registered autoloading path does not take precedence over older ones if it was already registered before
- r10726: [1.0, 1.1, 1.2] fixed typo in Propel (needed for PHP 5.3)
- r10735: [1.1, 1.2] Fixed argument passing on windows
- r10739: [1.0, 1.1, 1.2] fixed sfBrowser::restart() doesn't reset the session correctly
- r10740: [1.1, 1.2] fixed sfYaml exception line number (now starts at 1)
- r10741: [1.0] fixed _safe_cache_remove() generates 'No such file' error and fails
- Updated dwhittle branch
- ...and many other changes
Development digest: 126 changesets, 34 defects created, 18 defects closed, 5 enhancements created, 10 enhancements closed, 12 documentation defects created, 8 documentation defects closed and 18 documentation edits.
Book and documentation
- New developers for hire:
- Alex Demchenko: web developer with more than 6 years of experience and using symfony as main development framework.
- Nick Winfield (enquiries [at] superhaggis [dot] com): professional freelance PHP developer who has been working with PHP for over 10 years. Available to work remotely on symfony-based web applications.
- Ideato: italian based company specialized in web development with PHP (we work with Symfony, Zend Framework and eZ Publish/Components). We also provide consultancy, code review and education.
- New symfony bloggers:
- New plugins
- sfPropelActAsOwnedBehaviorPlugin: allows your Propel objects to verify that their rights belong to a user
- bhLDAPAuthPlugin: allows you to use users and groups from an LDAP directory (Only Microsoft Active Directory for now) for your symfony app's authentication and authorization
- sfDoctrineTreePlugin: manage Doctrine's nested set with a DHTML tree
- sfAtosPaymentPlugin: payment manage with Atos, used by all french banks
- tmVisualControlsPlugin: wraps up tag helper functions as control objects, so that they can be painted in a template.
- sfPasswordStrengthPlugin: allows you to easily measure the strength of a password
- sfPaymentSIPSPlugin: provides SIPS payment module for symfony applications
- Updated plugins
- sfExtjsThemePlugin: fixed syntax for defining list.sort-fields, added ability to set success to false for ajaxEdit, added support for server side validation for grid edits into updateDB method, created sf1.1 support branch, implemented config-options instead of changing defaults, updated to newest version of Ext.ux.TDGI.iconMgr, added hasLabel handler to formLayout-renderer, removed thowing error when fieldname does not exist to make it possible to sort on custom columns, fix for checkboxes in Ext 2.2, replaced button-look for reloading grid in 2.2 toolbar, added loading mask for loading xtypes, working on credentials for the filterpanel, split out datastore into seperate partials, fixed credentials in the action, filterpanel, columnmodel and datastore, removed extjs2plugin dependencies from the datastore generator, implemented events for the filter-panel and listeners for the grid, removed all default symfony templates, added default theme in so this can be controlled by the theme parameter in the generator
- sfFormtasticPlugin: updated YAML form generator to use the tried-and-true sfGenerator system, moved logic into ->setup(), removed extends parameter, abstracted logic to generate object instantiation, renamed classes to create sfFormtasticYaml pseudo-namespace, moved example.yml into test fixtures, extended sfWidgetasticFormTextarea to not include rows or cols attributes by default, addressed bug in use of sfContext, added extensions of table and list formatters
- sfPropelPlugin: merged changes from 1.2 branch, updated package.xml, fixed migrations directory not being created on the initial migration generate, fixed syntax error in migration manager and adjusted the queries to use id for determining the order in which migrations where run instead of date, fixed typo in propel.ini.example
- sfExtjs2Plugin: several bugfixes, fixed the default value for isAssoc() with XTemplate, upgraded to Ext JS 2.2, added handler to quote except keys
- sfPropelFinderPlugin: replaced sfPropelFinder::setPeerClass() by sfPropelFinder::setClass() (will break classes extending sfPropelFinder), refactored connection management and query reinitialization, simplified executers signature, abstract methods in DbFinder, implemented sfDoctrineFinder::count(), fixed issue when calling several termination methods on a finder, added more phpdoc to sfPropelFinder and sfDoctrineFinder, emphasized DbFinder of sfPropelFinder, implemented sfDoctrineFinder::delete()
- ysfYUIPlugin: updated README + package, fixed debug toolbar for ie, fixed ajax request headers to be more compatible
- sfAjaxWebDebugPlugin: added php version check to use built in json_encode for php 5.2.0 or later
- sfDoctrinePlugin: fixed README, LICENSE and package.xml, updating to stable, fixed typos
- dwPrototypeWindowPlugin: add modal and center options to link_to_prototype_window_from_content function
- sfPhpDocumentorPlugin: added file existence testing
- sfFeed2Plugin: fixed routing for symfony 1.1 and optimized the 1.0 version
- ckWebServicePlugin: continued development
Some new symfony powered websites
- biriyim.com: (turkish) test based social network
- Airportconnex: (english/turkish) airport transfer system
- AuctionExplorerBooks: (english) antiquarian bookshop and auction house
- Slap a Story: (english) daily short story competition, where you can submit your original short story (even anonymously) for everyone to read, rate and discuss.
They talked about us
- Symfony security, sessions not cleared when logging out
- Symfony apuesta definitivamente por Doctrine
- Ð”Ð¾ÐºÑƒÐ¼ÐµÐ½Ñ‚Ð°Ñ†Ð¸Ñ Ð¿Ð¾ Symfony
- Symfony custom sorts in your select tags
- Dinamizando conteÃºdo no symfony com slots
- Tips when working with Symfony batch
- Symfony â€“ der Shooting Star unter den PHP Frameworks
- Inizia lo sviluppo di Symfony 1.2
- Giving Your Body Tag Some Kick
- Symfony: Ð½Ð¾Ð²Ð¾Ð²Ð²ÐµÐ´ÐµÐ½Ð¸Ñ Ð² Ð½Ð¾Ð²Ð¾Ð¹ ÑÐ¸ÑÑ‚ÐµÐ¼Ðµ Ð¿Ð»Ð°Ð³Ð¸Ð½Ð¾Ð²
- Add request method requirement to routing in symfony 1.1
- An Update to Dynamic Subdomains for Symfony 1.1
- Ð”Ð¾Ð±Ð°Ð²Ð»ÐµÐ½Ð¸Ðµ Ð¿Ð°Ñ€Ð°Ð¼ÐµÑ‚Ñ€Ð° â€œÐ¼ÐµÑ‚Ð¾Ð´ Ð·Ð°Ð¿Ñ€Ð¾ÑÐ°â€ Ð² Ð¼Ð°Ñ€ÑˆÑ€ÑƒÑ‚Ð¸Ð·Ð°Ñ†Ð¸ÑŽ (routing.yml) Ð² Symfony 1.1
- DÃ©velopper avec symfony sous Vim avec Project et ctags
- Symfony-framework.nl - The Community Edition
- The intranets! Let them in! Let them play!
- Symfony: Ð½Ð¾Ð²Ñ‹Ðµ Ð²Ð¾Ð·Ð¼Ð¾Ð¶Ð½Ð¾ÑÑ‚Ð¸ ÑÐ¸ÑÑ‚ÐµÐ¼Ñ‹ Ð¿Ð»Ð°Ð³Ð¸Ð½Ð¾Ð²
- Ð¡Ñ‚Ð°Ð½Ð´Ð°Ñ€Ñ‚Ñ‹ ÐºÐ¾Ð´Ð¸Ñ€Ð¾Ð²Ð°Ð½Ð¸Ñ Symfony
- Where is the include coming from?
- Almost there! Marriage of Flex and Symfony
- input_date_tag() en mode â€œrichâ€ en appel Ajax sous Symfony
- Pointless rewrite? Probably.
A week of symfony #84 (4->10 august 2008) symfony.com/index.php/blog/a-week-of-symfony-84-4-10-august-2008Tweet this
Become a certified developer! Exams are online and available in all countries.Register Now
Comments are closed.
To ensure that comments stay relevant, they are closed for old posts.