A Week of Symfony #687 (24 February - 1 March 2020)
This week, Symfony 3.4.38, 4.4.5 and 5.0.5 maintenance versions were released. In addition, the upcoming Symfony 5.1 version added new security attributes to simplify the way you check for logged in, remembered and anonymous users. Finally, the SymfonyLive Lille 2020 conference took place and the SymfonyLive Paris 2020 conference announced the end of its regular registration period.
Symfony development highlights
This week, 75 pull requests were merged (47 in code and 28 in docs) and 36 issues were closed (23 in code and 13 in docs). Excluding merges, 32 authors made 3,212 additions and 850 deletions. See details for code and docs.
- 9819814: [DoctrineBridge] Use new Types::* constants and support new json type
- b515bc9: [FrameworkBundle] add missing items in the unused tag pass list
- 6f95125: [Security] allow switching to another user when already switched
- 5ffb964: [DomCrawler] fix PHPDoc on get & offsetGet
- 7295d25: [Serializer] prevent method calls on null values
- 34c2e96: [Form] return int in NumberToLocalizedStringTransformer if scale = 0
- e4104b6: [Validator] updated Vietnamese translation
- 6c04266: [Validator] updated German translation
- da28445: [Debug, ErrorHandler] improved deprecation notices for methods new args and return type
- c0caef1: [Cache] fix versioned namespace atomic clears
- 1024f5f: [PhpUnitBridge] fix compatibility to PHPUnit 9
- ef95f2e: [Routing] improve localized routes performances
- cad3f10: [HttpClient] add URL context to JsonException messages
- da0e2f9: [ErrorHandler] fix parsing static return type on interface method annotation
- dc9a0b5: [FrameworkBundle] add missing Messenger options to XML schema definition
- 8b819ba: [Notifier] dispatch message event in null transport
- 6178c63, a4c0bfa, 82db995: [Security] add IS_IMPERSONATOR, IS_ANONYMOUS and IS_REMEMBERED
- b5e6582: [Validator] add alpha3 option to Language constraint
- 28a249f: [HttpFoundation] added MarshallingSessionHandler
- 8867f57: [Routing] deprecate RouteCompiler::REGEX_DELIMITER
- 53df70e: [Routing, FrameworkBundle] allow using env() in route conditions
- 7b89d1b: [Validator] allow Sequentially constraints on classes + target guards
- 7995fed: [FrameworkBundle, HttpKernel] add session usage reporting in stateless mode
- 421c7f8: [HttpClient] optimization when body is iterable
- 146945a: [Routing] add stateless route attribute
Symfony Local Server
- Display current version when proposing upgrading to a new one
- Don't wrap table columns on
could not determine the current projecterrors during project creation with
- Skip canceled project in
- Add support for post-merge pull request build for GitHub
- Optimize requests count in
- Allow to use files as
- Tweak the wording for the 'search engine indexation' setting
- Show subscription ID in projects description
- Don't expose default SMTP host if MAILER_DSN is declared
Newest issues and pull requests
- [RFC] Create common DomCrawlerInterface
- [Notifier] Support Google Hangouts Chat
- [Messenger] Envelope headers
They talked about us
- CLI output in services
- How to translate a Symfony and React project.
- Symfony: How to add table prefixes with Doctrine
- PHP y Symfony. Un simple Chat con Mercure
- MAMP : Comment bien installer notre projet Symfony sur Mac
Upcoming Symfony Events
- Treffen der Symfony User Group Hamburg: Hamburg, Germany (March 3)
- Symfony User Group Osnabrück: Osnabrück, Germany (March 12)
Call to Action
- Follow Symfony on Twitter and retweet this article.
- Subscribe to the Symfony blog RSS and never miss a Symfony story again.
Comments are closed.
To ensure that comments stay relevant, they are closed for old posts.