A Week of Symfony #705 (29 June - 5 July 2020)
This week, Symfony development activity focused on fixing bugs. Meanwhile, the upcoming Symfony 5.2 version added a feature to turn HttpClient responses into PHP streams and the Symfony Profiler added a new Session profiling feature. Lastly, SymfonyInsight announced a free webinar about setting up quality processes with Symfony.
Symfony development highlights
This week, 48 pull requests were merged (27 in code and 21 in docs) and 19 issues were closed (13 in code and 6 in docs). Excluding merges, 31 authors made 1,858 additions and 3,921 deletions. See details for code and docs.
- 034be44: [Debug] fixed throwing from __toString() in ErrorHandler
- 52ddce1: [Validator] fixed validating lazy properties that evaluate to null
- 9f6acd5: [Console] do not check for "stty" using "exec" if that function is disabled
- 4e16dfd: [Messenger] fixed compatibility with Doctrine DBAL 3.0
- 78e6fc4: [Translation] fixed caching of parent locales file in translator
- f024382: [HttpClient] fixed http_version option usage in CurlHttpClient
- ee0e37b: [HttpClient] fixed parsing response headers in CurlResponse
- fec2331: [Console] always use stty when possible to ask hidden questions
- 3270726: [HttpClient] fixed promise behavior in HttplugClient
- 842a793: [PropertyAccess] removed unneeded inflector component dependency
- 3ce4391: [Console] changed default ProgressBar redraw frequency to 25fps
- d555112: [HttpClient] added StreamableInterface to ease turning responses into PHP streams
- 187b66b: [VarDumper] improved rendering HTML
- 501542a: moved event alias mappings to their components
- d8082fa: [HttpClient] added MockResponse::getRequestMethod() and getRequestUrl() to allow inspecting which request has been sent
- 5b6139f: [Workflow] added function (and Twig extension) to retrieve a specific transition
- 8cc90b9: [HttpKernel, WebProfilerBundle] added session profiling
- 98e6a93: [HttpClient] always yield a LastChunk in AsyncResponse on destruction
Symfony CLI is a must-have tool when developing Symfony applications on your local machine. It includes the Symfony Local Server, the best way to run local Symfony applications. This week Symfony CLI released its new 4.16.4 and 4.16.5 versions with the following changes:
- Fix zero exit code when running
env:deactivateexit with an error
- Fix missing directory creation when saving
- Introduce SYMFONY_APPLICATION_DEFAULT_ROUTE_URL`
- Make PHP 7.4 the default PHP version when initializing a project
php-ext-installfails activating extension if
php.inidoes not end with a new line
Newest issues and pull requests
- [HttpClient] Make the client aware of throttling / rate limits
- Added DayOfWeekType Field
- [Validator] Unique Validator possible improvement
They talked about us
- Exception-Driven Request Validation with Symfony
- Zikula Core 3.0.0 released!
- 10 Functional Testing Tips in Symfony
- Symfony unit tests with Redis on GitLab
- Continuous integration for Symfony applications with Behat
- Creating unique numbering sequences using a custom identifier strategy with Doctrine
- Cómo saber el controlador que maneja una ruta en Symfony
- [Symfony 5] Раздельная авторизация для админов и пользователей с двумя разными сущностями и формами входа
- 10 советов по тестированию в Symfony
Call to Action
- Follow Symfony on Twitter and retweet this article.
- Subscribe to the Symfony blog RSS and never miss a Symfony story again.
Comments are closed.
To ensure that comments stay relevant, they are closed for old posts.