A Week of Symfony #708 (20-26 July 2020)
This week of Symfony blog post is backed by:
This week, Symfony 3.4.43, 4.4.11, 5.0.11 and 5.1.3 maintenance versions were released. Symfony 5.0.11 is the last version for the Symfony 5.0 branch, so you should upgrade to Symfony 5.1. In addition, the Symfony 5 book published a new translation in Japanese: 基礎から最速で学ぶ Symfony 5 入門.
Symfony development highlights
This week, 31 pull requests were merged (25 in code and 6 in docs) and 25 issues were closed (23 in code and 2 in docs). Excluding merges, 19 authors made 286 additions and 129 deletions. See details for code and docs.
- e77ff45: minor fixes on tests
- 0eafc01: fix checks for phpunit releases on Composer 2
- 09c97bd: [FrameworkBundle] set default session.handler alias if handler_id is not provided
- 65fc07a: [Cache] fixed catching auth errors
- 3619661: [Ldap] use hexadecimal numerals instead of hexadecimals in strings
- 2dbbe50: [Serializer] support multiple levels of discriminator mapping
- ebc7f4b: [Cache] connect to RedisCluster with password auth
- 0d867bc: [Messenger] allow same middleware to be used multiple times with different arguments
- df1a1ff: [Mime] fixed EmailHeaderSame to make use of decoded value
- 0eae7a6: [Cache] allowed RedisClusterProxy instance in Lock RedisStore
- a0f7c88: required PHPUnit 9.3 on PHP 8
Symfony CLI is a must-have tool when developing Symfony applications on your local machine. It includes the Symfony Local Server, the best way to run local Symfony applications. This week Symfony CLI released its new 4.18.0 and 4.18.1 versions with the following changes:
- Add Github actions support to
- Add support for Composer 2 (
symfony composernow looks for a
composer2binary depending on
composer.lockand falls back to
composerif not found)
- Make SymfonyCloud automatically use Composer 1 or 2 depending on
- Add support for installing PHP extensions directly from
Newest issues and pull requests
- [DX] KernelBrowser (default 'test.client' does not support 'json' as a key to parameters argument of request
- Mailchimp/Mandrill mailer using template
- [Stopwatch] Add name property to StopwatchEvent
They talked about us
- Road to Symfony 5 Certification
- [Angular + Symfony] JWT Authentication
- Adding a custom data collector in the Symfony debug bar
- eZ Accelerator is back!
- Pagerfanta Package Structure Updates
- Zikula CMS Symfony Framework Core 3.0.1 released!
- Another way for a Symfony API to ingest POST requests - No Bundle
- Obtendo Symfony CLI no Windows
- Ajout d'un collecteur de données personnalisé dans la barre de debug Symfony
- Symfony - 安裝與起步
Call to Action
- Follow Symfony on Twitter and retweet this article.
- Subscribe to the Symfony blog RSS and never miss a Symfony story again.
Comments are closed.
To ensure that comments stay relevant, they are closed for old posts.