A Week of Symfony #740 (1-7 March 2021)
This week, Symfony 4.4.20 and 5.2.4 maintenance versions were released. Meanwhile, the upcoming Symfony 5.3 version added a Twig serialize filter and decoupled passwords from UserInterface. Lastly, it was decided that Symfony 6 will require PHP 8.
Symfony development highlights
This week, 35 pull requests were merged (26 in code and 9 in docs) and 43 issues were closed (39 in code and 4 in docs). Excluding merges, 23 authors made 16,534 additions and 5,847 deletions. See details for code and docs.
- 07d7f6b: [Serializer] zero parts can be omitted in date interval input
- 6d2998e: [DependencyInjection] fix parsing calls of methods named "method"
- 218bf5e: [Translation] deal with indented heredoc/nowdoc tokens
- 869c734: [DependencyInjection, Security] backport psr/container 1.1/2.0 compatibility
- 57fb475: command description consistency
- ea741e6: add missing Belarusian translations
- e781981: add missing Uzbek translations
- 4108cde: [Messenger] document missing SQS option "sslmode"
- 0940043: [Messenger] Doctrine setup with migrations
- 9978ba8: [Messenger] don't lock tables or start transactions
- 0f279b5: [RateLimiter, Security] add a
login_throttling.intervaloption to change the default throttling interval
- 3a92844: [TwigBridge, TwigBundle] add a Twig serialize filter
- f8e2cff: [FrameworkBundle, Translation] extract translation IDs from all of src
- d752c1e: [Notifier] add "sender" for OvhCloud
- 8de664d: [Security] decouple passwords from UserInterface
Symfony CLI is a must-have tool when developing Symfony applications on your local machine. It includes the Symfony Local Server, the best way to run local Symfony applications. This week Symfony CLI released its new 4.23.2 version with the following changes:
- Use the user home dir to store temporary files instead of the system temp dir
- Remove errors when auth cannot be automatically renewed
Newest issues and pull requests
- [RFC] PHP Language Level for Symfony 6
- [RFC][Translation] Add getDefaultLocale() to TranslatorInterface
- [Security] Mark the request as _stateless if the firewall used is stateless
- [Messenger] Remove the auto-setup feature from all transports
- Introduce RateLimiterFactoryInterface
They talked about us
- Build CI/CD pipeline on Symfony app using GitLab
- How to deserialize a REST request with Symfony forms
- Why is it Worth to use the Symfony Framework in your Projects?
- Simple Docker setup for Symfony project
- A pragmatic architecture — Intro 1/5
- A pragmatic architecture — REST 2/5
- A pragmatic architecture — Argument Value Resolver 3/5
- A pragmatic architecture — CQRS 4/5
- A pragmatic architecture— API Docs 5/5
- Quiero aprender Symfony ¿Por dónde empiezo?
- Comment restreindre l’accès à votre site web à un pays spécifique avec Symfony 5
- Librarie Open Source : PrestaImageBundle
- Symfony 的 Serializer 序列化器，顯示A circular reference has been detected when serializing the object of class
- Symfony5 MVC整合VueJS前端開發的方式
Call to Action
A Week of Symfony #740 (1-7 March 2021) symfony.com/blog/a-week-of-symfony-740-1-7-march-2021Tweet this
Become a certified developer! Exams are online and available in all countries.Register Now