A Week of Symfony #800 (25 April - 1 May 2022)
This week of Symfony blog post is backed by:
This week, Symfony 4.4.41, 5.4.8 and 6.0.8 maintenance versions were released. In addition, the second beta of Symfony 6.1 was published so you can test it in your real projects before its final release. Meanwhile, the SymfonyWorld Online 2022 Summer Edition conference announced new talks and speakers. Lastly, a big thank you to all of you who have been following this weekly summary for 800 consecutive weeks, making it one of the longest-running series in the entire software industry.
Symfony development highlights
This week, 36 pull requests were merged (20 in code and 16 in docs) and 35 issues were closed (23 in code and 12 in docs). Excluding merges, 20 authors made 790 additions and 482 deletions. See details for code and docs.
- ff578de: [Cache] prevent fatal errors on PHP 8 when running concurrently with TagAwareAdapter v6.1
- d2a4841: fix dumping enums on PHP 8.2
- a458015: [VarDumper] fix dumping floats on PHP8
- 7f4c304: [Mailer] restore X-Transport after failure
- 5f9b3ee: [VarExporter] fix exporting DateTime objects on PHP 8.2
- 3a54735: [DomCrawler, VarDumper] fix html-encoding emojis
- db6fbf9: [Form] fix populating single widget time view data with different timezones
- 979cd54: [DependencyInjection] properly declare #[When] as allowed on functions
- 3776e75: [Messenger] add PostgreSqlConnection tests
- fa636c0: [Cache] optimize caching of tags
- a3274a8: [Config] improve GlobResource performance
- 7a21a57: [Serializer] fine-tune ContextBuilder::withContext()
- d72c562: [Routing] use the null coalescing operator
- 90654c8: [Routing] remove variadic constructor signature
- bf39ec4: [Serializer] support canners in object normalizer
- 422377a: [Console] fix fish completion script
Newest issues and pull requests
- [RFC][Messenger] Support Redis Pub/Sub
- [Validator] Unique constraint error path
- Allow extension of bin/console about
These were some of the most relevant SymfonyCasts updates of the week:
- (Video) Upgrading & What's New in Symfony 6! course, Chapter 4: Post-Rector Cleanups & Tweaks
- (Video) Upgrading & What's New in Symfony 6! course, Chapter 5: Updating the All-Important FrameworkBundle Recipe
- (Video) Upgrading & What's New in Symfony 6! course, Chapter 6: Recipe Upgrades with recipes:update
They talked about us
- Symfony Station Communiqué - 29 April 2022
- Introducing Rector Config with Autocomplete
- A review of SymfonyCast’s Free “Harmonious Development with Symfony 6” Course
- Symfony 5+ how to view dump output with AJAX requests
- Get in touch with Contao CMS
- Nous sommes speakers Summer Edition 2022 ! Découvrez quelques nouveautés en avant-première
Call to Action
- Follow Symfony on Twitter and retweet this article.
- Subscribe to the Symfony blog RSS and never miss a Symfony story again.
Comments are closed.
To ensure that comments stay relevant, they are closed for old posts.