A Week of Symfony #814 (1-7 August 2022)
This week of Symfony blog post is backed by:
This week, the upcoming Symfony 6.2 version added features such as allowing to extend the #[When] attribute, adding conditional types to conditional configuration builders, introduced a new messenger:count command that lists the pending messages per transport and improved the #IsGranted attribute to allow using expressions.
Symfony development highlights
This week, 58 pull requests were merged (36 in code and 22 in docs) and 54 issues were closed (39 in code and 15 in docs). Excluding merges, 30 authors made 489,869 additions and 76,130 deletions. See details for code and docs.
- 6c0f7da: [HttpFoundation] fix invalid ID not regenerated with native PHP file sessions
- 25c2131: [HttpClient] fix memory leak when using StreamWrapper
- 7129a32: [HttpClient] fix shared connections not being freed on PHP < 8
- 754f754: [Mailer] fix error message in case of an STMP error
- 23c6b9d: [Translation] fix translator overlapse
- 0420d3c: [TwigBridge] suggest to install the Twig bundle when the required component is already installed
- fcd9c2d: [DowCrawler] fix locale-sensitivity of whitespace normalization
- c944281: [Validator] add additional hint when egulias/email-validator needs to be installed
- a08fd86: [Form] ignore missing keys when mapping DateTime objects to uninitialized arrays
- db7c211: [Console] fix ConsoleEvents::SIGNAL subscriber dispatch
- a4e68c2: [Filesystem] remove needless mb_* calls
- 12ea6e2: [Serializer] fix throwing right exception in ArrayDenormalizer with invalid type
- 077bd82: [Translation] fix reading intl-icu domains with LocoProvider
- 02b8534: [Console] fewer syscalls when fetching $LINES/$COLUMNS
- 055c0dc: [Config] add conditional types to conditional builders
- ac1d2a4: [Messenger] add new messenger:count command that returns a list of transports with their "to be processed" message count
- 445f0f1: [Security] remove using multiple attributes with #[IsGranted]
- e7fbf28: [Security] allow using expressions with the #[IsGranted] attribute
- 1dedb22: improve some PHPdocs based on existing Symfony stubs in PHPstan and Psalm
- 667e635: [DependencyInjection] show error when a null value is provided in the exclude list
- d7eb344: [Mailer] use better error code when auth fails
- aea5200: [Mailer] add a way to inject Stamps when sending an email via Messenger
- e1435f6: [DependencyInjection] allow extending #[When] attribute
- 1a4a5d5: [Messenger] add TransportNamesStamp to change the transport while dispatching a message
Newest issues and pull requests
- [Serializer] Allow configuring default options in JSON encoding
- [Serializer] Make Interfaces denormalizeable without discriminator
These were some of the most relevant SymfonyCasts updates of the week:
- (Video) Symfony 6 Fundamentals: Services, Config & Environments, Chapter 25: Command: Autowiring & Interactive Questions
They talked about us
- Symfony Station Communiqué - 5 August 2022
- How to handle messages in batches with Symfony Messenger
- Building a Job Offer App With Mailchimp and Symfony
- Using Tailwind CSS with Symfony Encore
- Symfony Testing: using Repository pattern without connecting to database
- Enum php 8.1, et les librairie symfony. (Doctrine, graphql-php, api platform)
Call to Action
- Follow Symfony on Twitter and retweet this article.
- Subscribe to the Symfony blog RSS and never miss a Symfony story again.
Comments are closed.
To ensure that comments stay relevant, they are closed for old posts.