A Week of Symfony #820 (12-18 September 2022)
This week, development activity focused on tweaking and finishing some of the new features of Symfony 6.2, to be released at the end of November 2022. In addition to a new ChainUserChecker that allows calling multiple user checkers for a firewall, we merged the Symfony Profiler redesign which refreshes the look and feel of this debugging tool.
Symfony development highlights
This week, 41 pull requests were merged (28 in code and 13 in docs) and 26 issues were closed (22 in code and 4 in docs). Excluding merges, 25 authors made 9,923 additions and 1,909 deletions. See details for code and docs.
- 2f7c7bb: [HttpFoundation] prevent BinaryFileResponse::prepare from adding content type if no content is sent
- 7c396ad: [Messenger] add tests covering union types in MessengerPass
- 43e5259: [Security, Validator] update Norwegian translations
- d6bde21: [Messenger] support for custom handler method containing a Union type tagged with #[AsMessageHandler]
- ee78099: [Cache] make RedisProxy extend Redis
- fc550ea: remove the default values from setters with a nullable parameter
- 01d089f: [WebProfilerBundle] Profiler redesign
- 022b58f: [FrameworkBundle] allow secrets vaults to be used directly outside Symfony
- 6f8c99c: [Mime] remove unused getDisposition() method
- db59d0b: [Security] add a ChainUserChecker to allow calling multiple user checkers for a firewall
- 7ceea07: [TwigBundle] add option for configuring custom HTML to text converter services
- 8a66294: [Form] add generics to DataTransformerInterface
- 8075c68: [DependencyInjection] fix lazy-proxying final classes
- 1159d13: [TwigBridge] expose current route in AppVariable
- 2c6b67b: [Serializer] improve performance of AbstractObjectDenormalizer with XML/CSV
- 77538c8: [HttpFoundation] extract request matchers for better reusability
- f951250: [FrameworkBundle] deprecate "legacy_error_messages" form config node
Newest issues and pull requests
- Ban DateTime from the codebase
- Move EnvVarProcessor to a standalone component
- [HttpClient] Support HTTP Digest Access Authentication
- [Framework][Testing][DX] Encourage functional testing through progressive smoke testing behavior
- Add phpdoc return type to v6 codebase to prepare v7 typehint
These were some of the most relevant SymfonyCasts updates of the week:
- (Video) Doctrine, Symfony 6 & the Database, Chapter 12: Querying for a Single Entity for a "Show" Page
- (Video) Doctrine, Symfony 6 & the Database, Chapter 13: Param Converter & 404's
- (Video) Doctrine, Symfony 6 & the Database, Chapter 14: The Request Object
They talked about us
- Symfony Station Communiqué - 16 September 2022
- SWORD: the merge of Symfony and WordPress
- Securing API With JWT In Symfony
- Modular Monolith Application in Symfony
- Sylius, comment mettre en place un mode catalogue
- Get started with Symfony 6 for beginners — Part 3.1| Database, Doctrine, Entity
- Using Symfony's RememberMe? You Better Read This
- Symfony/Doctrine— Imbriquer des transactions SQL
- Пакетное действие SonataAdminBundle + Select2
- Преобразование формата ошибок с помощью встроенных событий Symfony
Call to Action
- Follow Symfony on Twitter and retweet this article.
- Subscribe to the Symfony blog RSS and never miss a Symfony story again.
Help the Symfony project!
As with any Open-Source project, contributing code or documentation is the most common way to help, but we also have a wide range of sponsoring opportunities.
Comments are closed.
To ensure that comments stay relevant, they are closed for old posts.