A Week of Symfony #824 (10-16 October 2022)
This week of Symfony blog post is backed by:
This week, Symfony 4.4.47, 5.4.14, 6.0.14 and 6.1.6 maintenance versions were released. In addition, we added some new features to the upcoming Symfony 6.2 version, such as listing namespaced commands when running only the namespace as the command name and adding new configurable blocks to the Bootstrap 5 form theme.
Symfony development highlights
This week, 41 pull requests were merged (26 in code and 15 in docs) and 21 issues were closed (17 in code and 4 in docs). Excluding merges, 29 authors made 28,806 additions and 15,821 deletions. See details for code and docs.
- aea3499: [HttpClient] fix seeking in not-yet-initialized requests
- 7a07b3a: [Serializer] allow getting discriminated type by class name
- 53a93df: [DoctrineBridge] implement EventManager::getAllListeners()
- e49067f: [Mailer] fix use message object from event
- 6a8c060: update Latvian translations
- 57abeb8: [TwigBridge] remove empty spaces between choices when using checkbox-inline or checkbox-switch
- 6a96afd: [Routing] TypeError in Router when using UrlGenerator
- af6a777: [Messenger] fix AMQP socket lost
- f91c965: [Console] show available commands in namespace when running namespace as command
- 1337ea2: [Security] fix inspecting voters of custom access decision managers in TraceableAccessDecisionManager
- 77d70b1: [Cache] make FilesystemTagAwareAdapter::prune() remove dangling symlinks
- 37763fc: [TwigBridge] add the new block form_label_content for Bootstrap 5 layout
- ca3a246: [HttpClient] make HttplugClient implement PSR-17 factories instead of Httplug's
- 0055d0f: [Mime] deprecate attach/embed methods in favor of Email::addPart()
- 1ccb56f: [DoctrineBridge] deprecate calling ContainerAwareEventManager::getListeners() without event name
- 889f4d6: [HttpClient] fix deprecation Contracts Dependency
Newest issues and pull requests
- Implement PrunableInterface on RedisTagAwareAdapter
- RFC: explicitly store cache item expiration time in persistent / database caches
Symfony CLI is a must-have tool when developing Symfony applications on your local machine. It includes the Symfony Local Server, the best way to run local Symfony applications. This week Symfony CLI released its new 5.4.16 version with the following changes:
- Update Platform.sh service versions (@fabpot)
- Revert "Fix archive name" (@fabpot)
These were some of the most relevant SymfonyCasts updates of the week:
- (Video) PHPUnit: Unit Testing with a Bite!, Chapter 3: Testing Class Methods
- (Video) PHPUnit: Unit Testing with a Bite!, Chapter 4: TDD - Test Driven Development
- (Video) PHPUnit: Unit Testing with a Bite!, Chapter 5: TDD Part 2: Finish & Refactor
- (Video) PHPUnit: Unit Testing with a Bite!, Chapter 6: Data Providers
They talked about us
- Symfony Station Communiqué - 7 October 2022
- FrankenPHP: The Modern Php App Server, written in Go
- Stop Using Entities in Symfony Forms
Call to Action
- Follow Symfony on Twitter and retweet this article.
- Subscribe to the Symfony blog RSS and never miss a Symfony story again.
Comments are closed.
To ensure that comments stay relevant, they are closed for old posts.