A Week of Symfony #826 (24-30 October 2022)
This week, Symfony 4.4.48, 5.4.15, 6.0.15 and 6.1.7 maintenance versions were released. In addition, Symfony 6.2 beta 1 and beta 2 were published so you can test the upcoming Symfony version in your own projects. Finally, the first conference about Sylius, the e-commerce platform based on Symfony, took place with great success in Poland.
Symfony development highlights
This week, 59 pull requests were merged (36 in code and 23 in docs) and 30 issues were closed (20 in code and 10 in docs). Excluding merges, 37 authors made 21,146 additions and 5,797 deletions. See details for code and docs.
- 94dc762: [DomCrawler] remove duplicated catch block
- 1d71004: [HttpClient] fix retrying requests when the content is used by the strategy
- 93381ff: [PropertyAccess]
- 8321162: [Config] use better typehint in PHP Configuration
- 58f6a33: [FrameworkBundle] deprecate the registerRateLimiter() method
- e095cc5: [RateLimiter] decouple from NoLock
- f6fb96a: [FrameworkBundle] add mechanism to prevent using outdated config
- 96e7ae7: [TwigBridge] provide a default non-empty label on empty options to validate HTML5
- 5ad5b8d: [DependencyInjection] allow array attributes for service tags
- 3b4cda1: [Mailer] fix BC breaking event name change
- 5051ae3: [Validator] add padding to HIBP check
- 824a4de: [FrameworkBundle] add router cache directory option to XML schema
Newest issues and pull requests
- Doctrine DBAL 4 compatibility
- Arrays in route parameters' requirements
- [Process] Add getCombinedOutput method to get both stdout and stderr at once
- [RateLimiter] Make time dependency explicit and mockable
Symfony CLI is a must-have tool when developing Symfony applications on your local machine. It includes the Symfony Local Server, the best way to run local Symfony applications. This week Symfony CLI released its new 5.4.17 version with the following changes:
- Add gzip for local webserver (@shyim)
- Add gzip option using cli option (@shyim)
- Fix TestParseDockerComposeServices test (@tucksaun)
- Allow environment expansion in Docker Compose file when running local:new (@tucksaun)
These were some of the most relevant SymfonyCasts updates of the week:
- (Video) PHPUnit: Unit Testing with a Bite!, Chapter 12: Mocking: Mock Objects
- (Video) Design Patterns for Fun and Proficiency, Chapter 1: Design Patterns & Their Types
- (Video) Design Patterns for Fun and Proficiency, Chapter 2: Strategy Pattern
SymfonyCasts also announced a new course about Netgen Layouts.
They talked about us
- A SymfonyCon Disneyland Paris 2022 preview: 2 workshops and 9 compelling sessions to eagerly anticipate
- Symfony Station Communiqué - 28 October 2022
- Handle asynchronous tasks in Symfony with Messenger
- Les bonnes pratiques à retenir de l’API Platform Con 2022
Call to Action
- Follow Symfony on Twitter and retweet this article.
- Subscribe to the Symfony blog RSS and never miss a Symfony story again.