A Week of Symfony #868 (14-20 August 2023)
This week of Symfony blog post is backed by:
This week, development activity focused on fixing bugs for stable versions. Meanwhile, the upcoming Symfony 6.4 version added two new utility methods in the base AbstractController class to help you render template blocks. Lastly, the SymfonyLive Paris 2024 conference announced that its Call for Papers is open.
Symfony development highlights
This week, 45 pull requests were merged (31 in code and 14 in docs) and 61 issues were closed (54 in code and 7 in docs). Excluding merges, 24 authors made 1,990 additions and 915 deletions. See details for code and docs.
- 997b97b: [DependencyInjection] fix dump xml with array/object/enum default value
- 370d5c0: [Console] fix linewraps in OutputFormatter
- 3bff6fe: [Validator] dump Valid constraints on debug command
- 7e9c46d: [DependencyInjection] allow passing an inline_service to a service_locator
- aba725f: [AssetMapper] fixing bug where a circular exception could be thrown while making error message
- c60e6b6: [Notifier, Pushover] fix invalid method call + improve exception message
- 2991661: [Console] avoid multiple new line when message already ends with a new line in section output
- a3e9a00: [HttpKernel] fix missing Request in RequestStack for StreamedResponse
- 6bc9982: [Validator] add annotation in Constraint
- a70e5e1: [Validator] replace annotations with attributes in tests
- c2ac73c: [DomCrawler] added argument $default to method Crawler::attr()
- 1e6b567: [Lock] add some missing return types in tests
- bb8c76d: [Clock] throw DateMalformedStringException/DateInvalidTimeZoneException when appropriate
- 11b587a: [FrameworkBundle, Validator] replace annotation by attribute in tests
- d07f17a: [FrameworkBundle] deprecate not setting some options
- 4439602: [FrameworkBundle] deprecate not setting some options (uid, validation)
- 9a0f178: [FrameworkBundle] add AbstractController::renderBlock() and renderBlockView()
Newest issues and pull requests
- [RFC] [Console] Virtual Terminal
- [Serializer] Allow DateTimeNormalizer context to specify which types to handle
- [RFC] Consistently use the word attribute in all symbols
- [RFC][Validator] Remove constraint construction from associative arrays
- [Workflow] Undeprecate Registry::get
They talked about us
- Symfony Station Communiqué - 18 August 2023
- Unlock the Secrets of Advanced Error Handling in Symfony: 3 Genius Methods Beyond Try-Catch!
- Symfony create custom ParamConverter
- Unlock the Power of DTO in Symfony with This One Library!
- EasyAdmin и Mercure: реальный юзкейс
Call to Action
- Follow Symfony on Twitter and retweet this article.
- Subscribe to the Symfony blog RSS and never miss a Symfony story again.