A Week of Symfony #872 (11-17 September 2023)
This week of Symfony blog post is backed by:
This week, Symfony announced the end of support for Twig 2 and a security release for the symfony/ux-autocomplete package. Meanwhile, the upcoming SymfonyCon Brussels 2023 conference announced its workshops and some of its first talks related to static analysis, the Symfony scheduler and ChatGPT.
Symfony development highlights
This week, 51 pull requests were merged (41 in code and 10 in docs) and 23 issues were closed (15 in code and 8 in docs). Excluding merges, 24 authors made 1,452 additions and 342 deletions. See details for code and docs.
- 0da9599: [ErrorHandler] handle PHP 8.3 highlight_file function output changes
- b0cc72d: [String] update wcswidth data with Unicode 15.1
- e065f2e: [FrameworkBundle] no serializer mapping cache in debug mode without enable_annotations
- 7c4f174: [Cache] fix using multiple Redis Sentinel hosts when the first one is not resolvable
- 8d2b79e: [FrameworkBundle] remove obsolete feature detection
- 4857210: [WebProfilerBundle] replace last "old" icon + delete ICONS_LICENCE.txt
- 06b7166: [Security] fix deprecation message
- 30a35e4: [Validator] add is_valid function to Expression constraint
- 253370a: [WebProfilerBundle] fix Form profiler toggles
- 972c442: [Serializer] allow Context to target classes
- 7c833ee: [HttpClient] enable using EventSourceHttpClient::connect() for both GET and POST
- fc2777f: [FrameworkBundle, Test] add token attributes in KernelBrowser::loginUser()
- a90eca6: [Scheduler] fix stateful scheduler
- cc2a148: [TwigBridge] remove duck typing from AppVariable::getFlashes()
- 0839d5a: [TwigBridge, TwigBundle] drop support for Twig 2
Newest issues and pull requests
- [FeatureToggle] Propose a new component
- [Serializer] '_' as 'no_group' group
- [Messenger] Ability to use transactions while sending messages with AMQP transport
- Serializer psalm/phpstan types support
These were some of the most relevant SymfonyCasts updates of the week:
- (Video) API Platform 3 Part 3: Custom Resources, Chapter 6: Running Code "On Publish"
- (Video) API Platform 3 Part 3: Custom Resources, Chapter 7: Totally Custom Resource
- (Video) API Platform 3 Part 3: Custom Resources, Chapter 8: Custom Resource State Provider
- (Video) API Platform 3 Part 3: Custom Resources, Chapter 9: Using a Custom (Date) Identifier
- (Video) API Platform 3 Part 3: Custom Resources, Chapter 10: Custom Resource Item Provider
They talked about us
- Symfony Station Communiqué - 08 September 2023
- Elevate Your Symfony Projects: Implementing DDD, CQRS, and Hexagonal Architecture
- The easy way to install Symfony with Docker
- Local AWS S3 for PHP Symfony development with Docker
- Symfony custom error exception response
- Finding a POP chain on a common Symfony bundle: part 1
Call to Action
- Follow Symfony on Twitter and retweet this article.
- Subscribe to the Symfony blog RSS and never miss a Symfony story again.