Symfony 2015 Business and Community Awards Winners
The winners of the Symfony 2015 Business and Community Awards were announced during the closing ceremony of the past SymfonyCon Paris 2015 conference. These awards recognize the accomplishments of different companies and individuals within the Symfony Community.
Symfony Community Awards
- Best Blogger: Raúl Fraile
- Best Community Support: Christophe Coevoet
- Best Code Contributor: Nicolas Grekas
- Best Documentation Contributor: Wouter De Jong
- Best Bundle of the year: Thomas Rabaix
- Best Evangelist: Sarah Khalil
- Best Symfony Speaker: Ryan Weaver
- Symfony MVP of the year: Javier Eguiluz
- Personality of the year: instead of awarding a single person, this award went to the entire Symfony Core Team, whose members worked really hard during the past months to prepare the transition to Symfony 3.
In addition to the official categories, the conference organizers decided to designate a Special SymfonyCon Award, which was given to Jordi Boggiano.
Symfony Business Awards
- Best Open-Source application of the year: Elcodi e-commerce, is an e-commerce platform based on Symfony Components. Their pragmatic approach allows use of Elcodi from the first MVP of the project to its final production-ready version.
- Best mobile application of the year: LOVOO, is a location based service to discover and connect with new people nearby used by more than 6 million people each month. They have been using Symfony since day one, both for its API and for the core layers of the service.
- Best Ecommerce website of the year: Atrápalo, a huge e-commerce platform (more than 300 million euros in revenues) focused on Spanish-speaking countries. They started 15 years ago with PHP3 and a custom set of libraries. A few months ago they steadily migrated towards Symfony components and today every single request is served by the full-stack Symfony framework.
- Best Social website of the year: BlaBlaCar, the popular long-distance carpooling site that connects drivers with empty seats to passengers looking for a ride. More than 20 million users in 19 countries use this service monthly.
- Best B2C website of the year: this award went to two different projects: beIN SPORTS Core Platform, developed by Smile, is a multilingual platform used by more than 60 journalists and serving more than 70 million pages in 30 countries; NatGeo Play, developed by Acilia Internet, is a multilingual video-on-demand website for National Geographic contents.
- Best User Experience of the year: Vogue France, developed by Acilia Internet, is the most popular fashion magazine. Symfony powers the publishing platform, the CRM and the integration with the external subscription platform.
- Best Symfony website of the year: the winner of this award is selected among the winners of the other categories. This year, the winner was BlaBlaCar.
We'd like to thank all companies that submitted projects to the Symfony Awards and all the people who took part in the voting process.
The 2015 awards are over, but the race for winning the next awards has already begun. In order to be an award candidate, submit your project to the Symfony Showcase and start voting for the other projects.
Symfony 2015 Business and Community Awards Winners symfony.com/blog/symfony-2015-business-and-community-awards-winnersTweet this
Become a certified developer! Exams are online and available in all countries.Register Now
Comments are closed.
To ensure that comments stay relevant, they are closed for old posts.