SymfonyLive London 2019: workshop topics and complete conference schedule are available!
The SymfonyLive London 2019 conference is coming in less than 3 months! The conference will be split into 2 days: Thursday September 12th is dedicated for the pre-conference workshop day and September 13th for the conference day. We offer several workshops on September 12th and we're very pleased to announce all the workshop topics you'll be able to attend. Here is the list of the workshops you can choose on September 12th to extend your Symfony and PHP skills, all the workshops offered are one-day workshops, you need to choose one workshop topic among all of them:
- Getting ready for Symfony 5 by Nicolas Grekas - Symfony. Symfony 4 changes the way you develop web applications. During this workshop, you will discover the new best practices recommended by the Symfony Core team. You will learn how to install third-party packages with Symfony Flex, configure your application with environment variables or exploit the new features of the dependency injection container. You will also learn how to prepare a Symfony 4 app for version 5, to be released next November. This workshop will teach you the new way of using the components, whether you know them already or not.
- Building API-driven apps with API Platform by Kévin Dunglas - Les-Tilleuls.coop. API Platform is a popular framework built on top of Symfony to create API-driven web projects. After an overview of modern API patterns and formats (REST, OpenAPI, hypermedia, HATEOAS, JSON-LD, Hydra, Schema.org, GraphQL...), we'll learn how to use and extend the most popular features of the API Platform: data providers and persisters, docs, pagination, validation, sorting, filtering, authentication, authorization, content negotiation, Mercure live update and much more! This hands-on workshop is focused on the server part of the framework (PHP).
- Practical Design Patterns with Symfony by Titouan Galopin - SymfonyInsight lead. Writing long-lasting code that is easy to maintain is challenging. In this workshop, we will discover Software Architecture from the point of view of a Symfony developer. We will discuss the Design Patterns implemented by the framework and learn how these patterns can help you develop better Symfony applications. We will also implement the most important of these patterns in a real-world Symfony application in order to give you effective practical tools for your next project.
- Profiling Symfony & PHP apps by Dmytro Naumenko - Blackfire expert. It is difficult to improve what is not measurable! Profiling an application should always be the first step in trying to improve its performance. With this workshop, learn how to identify performance issues in your application and adopt the best profiling practices in your daily development habits. This workshop will use the Blackfire.io tool to help you identify performance leaks.
We're also very pleased to announce the last selected speakers for the conference on September 13th. The conference day will be split into 2 tracks. We've announced last month the first selected speakers of the conference and we're now pleased to announce the entire conference agenda! We are super happy to introduce you to the last selected speakers who will be speaking this year at the conference (in order of appearance on the schedule):
- Michael Cullum, Security Lead within the Symfony Core Team, will talk about "Security Best Practices with Symfony 4.4". Discover the latest best practices brought by Symfony 4.4 to secure your application.
- Denis Brumann, Software Developer at SensioLabs Deutschland, will speak about "Things you will need to know when Doctrine 3 comes out". Doctrine ORM is probably the most used database abstraction in PHP. This talk looks at some of the already merged features for Doctrine 3 that could have an impact on your code and why the might prevent you from upgrading. I will show approaches for tackling these changes and how your projects might benefit from introducing them already.
- Kévin Dunglas, Symfony Core Team member and creator of the API Platform framework, will teach you how to "Boost your Symfony apps with HTTP/2 and HTTP/3". HTTP/2 and HTTP/3 can improve the loading time of webpages up to 2 times. Did you know that it’s very easy to optimize your Symfony applications to leverage the advanced features of this new protocol? Discover how to do it with this talk!
- Valentine Boineau, SymfonyInsight Developer, will present a talk entitled "Symfony Checker is coming". Have you ever heard of the PHP AST? Maybe not... CFG and SSA? Probably not! In this talk, I will introduce these cool algorithms, how they are used in code quality analysis and how we leveraged them in a project I'm working on: the Symfony Checker.
- Kamil Kokot, Open Source maintainer and contributor, Software Engineer at Sylius, founder of Friends Of Behat, will talk about "BDD Your Symfony Application". Behaviour Driven Development helps bridge the communication gap between business and IT. This talk will explain the basics of BDD methodology, best practices for writing Cucumber scenarios and how to integrate Symfony with Behat by using a new emerging solution - FriendsOfBehat's SymfonyExtension. I will share the practical insights distilled from 4 years of developing and maintaining the biggest open-source Behat suite which is a part of Sylius.
- Nicolas Grekas, Symfony Core Team member, will be on stage for the closing Keynote about "The fabulous World of Emojis and other Unicode symbols".
Check out the entire conference agenda and all the talks' details of each presentation!
Don't miss the 8th edition of the SymfonyLive London conference and join us there! Get your conference or combo pre-conference workshop and conference ticket at regular rate until August 5th. Register now to secure your seat there!
We can't wait to meet you at SymfonyLive London 2019! See you there!
SymfonyLive London 2019: workshop topics and complete conference schedule are available! symfony.com/blog/symfonylive-london-2019-workshop-topics-and-complete-conference-schedule-are-availableTweet this
Become a certified developer! Exams are online and available in all countries.Register Now
Comments are closed.
To ensure that comments stay relevant, they are closed for old posts.