The Symfony Fast Track book now available for Symfony 5.4 and 6.0
I'm very happy to announce that the Symfony book, "The Fast Track", is now available for Symfony 5.4 and Symfony 6.0.
What's new? Besides updating the code to work with Symfony 5.4 and 6.0, many changes have been made:
- The book now uses the
webapppack (lots of paragraphs needed to be updated to take this change into account, which simplified the text quite a bit and makes the book a bit shorter as well).
- PHP 8 native annotations are now used everywhere, including for Doctrine and API Platform (Doctrine annotations are not needed anymore).
- Many small changes to use the latest best practices: using
DateTimeImmutableeverywhere, taking into account that packs are now always unpacked, using secrets instead of environment variables when it makes sense, better explain the different kind of tests supported by the maker bundle, using password hashers, better Windows support, ...
- All screenshots have been updated for Symfony 5.4 and 6.0.
- Some third-party bundles released some major versions, so their chapters or sections were updated or rewritten accordingly; we now use EasyAdmin 4 for instance.
- The code now uses Bootstrap 5.
- The book explains how to deploy on Platform.sh now that we have transitioned SymfonyCloud to Platform.sh.
- Many tweaks and fixes.
Version 6.0 of the book is supported by new sponsors that I'd like to thank:
If you bought the PDF book for Symfony 5.0 or 5.2 via Leanpub, you can download the new Symfony 5.4 PDF on Leanpub via your account.
You can also read it for free online in English, French, Polish or Dutch. More translations will be available soon.
Enjoy reading the book!
Comments are closed.
To ensure that comments stay relevant, they are closed for old posts.