IntroductionEdit this page
Symfony gives you the flexibility to choose any front-end tools you want. This could
be dead-simple - like putting CSS & JS directly in the
public/ directory - or
more advanced - like scaffolding your front-end with a tool like Next.js.
However, Symfony does come with two powerful option to help you build a modern, fast frontend, and enjoy the process:
- AssetMapper, is a production-ready simpler alternative to Webpack Encore that runs entirely in PHP. It's currently experimental.
|Requirements||node||none: pure PHP|
|Requires a build step?||yes||no|
|Works in all browsers?||yes||yes|
|Supports React, Vue, Svelte?||yes||yes**|
- ** Using JSX (React), Vue or TypeScript with AssetMapper is possible, but you'll
Do you prefer video tutorials? Check out the Webpack Encore screencast series.
Encore is inspired by Webpacker and Mix, but stays in the spirit of Webpack: using its features, concepts and naming conventions for a familiar feel. It aims to solve the most common Webpack use cases.
Encore is made by Symfony and works beautifully in Symfony applications. But it can be used in any PHP application and even with other server side programming languages!
Adding more Features
AssetMapper is an alternative to Webpack Encore that runs entirely in PHP
without any complex build steps. It leverages the
importmap feature of
your browser, which is available in all browsers thanks to a polyfill.
AssetMapper is currently experimental.
Symfony UX Components
- The Symfony UX Initiative & Packages
- ux-autocomplete: Transform
<select>element into an Ajax-powered autocomplete field (see demo)
- ux-chartjs: Easy charts with Chart.js (see demo)
- ux-cropperjs: Form Type and tools for cropping images (see demo)
- ux-dropzone: Form Type for stylized "drop zone" for file uploads (see demo)
- ux-lazy-image: Optimize Image Loading with BlurHash (see demo)
- ux-notify: Send server-sent native notification with Mercure (see demo)
- ux-react: Render React component from Twig (see demo)
- ux-swup: Integration with Swup (see demo)
- ux-turbo: Integration with Turbo Drive for a single-page-app experience (see demo)
- ux-twig-component: Build Twig Components Backed by a PHP Class (see demo)
- ux-typed: Integration with Typed (see demo)
- ux-vue: Render Vue component from Twig (see demo)
- ux-svelte: Render Svelte component from Twig.