A Week of Symfony #630 (21-27 January 2019)
This week, the upcoming Symfony 4.3 version added support for deprecating service aliases and introduced native PHP serialization for the Messenger transport. Meanwhile, the Symfony diversity initiative published the 2018 transparency report and other updates about the governance process and a call for donations. Finally, the SymfonyLive Warszawa 2019 conference opened its registration (Warsaw, Poland, June 13-14).
Symfony development highlights
This week, 50 pull requests were merged (34 in code and 16 in docs) and 40 issues were closed (26 in code and 14 in docs). Excluding merges, 29 authors made 9,094 additions and 3,086 deletions. See details for code and docs.
- 68d84d1: [Debug] match more cases for final, deprecated and internal classes / methods extends in DebugClassLoader
- 765539b: ensure compatibility with older PHPUnit mocks
- 13d1d76: [Translation] fixed the concatenation of translation messages
- e3b010f: [Form] changed UrlType input type to text when default_protocol is not null
- 1a79a13: [Debug] preserve our error handler when a logger sets another one
- 46ebf23: [Console] fixed ConfirmationQuestion with default true for answer '0'
- a1a3ffc: [HttpFoundation] fixed MemcachedSessionHandler::close() must close connection
- afb7bb5: [HttpFoundation] check file exists before unlink
- adf1e6f: [Process] disabled transient test on Windows
- a5dd57f: Enable PHP 7.3 on Travis CI
- f7b9bb2: [Cache] fixed PDO-based cache pool table autocreation
- 968e736: [Cache] always pass $key to NullAdapter->createCacheItem
- 14d458d: [FrameworkBundle] xliff-version option to translation update command
- 0901bbe: [Mime] fixed adding extensions when creating a MimeTypes instance
- edc4a0f: [DependencyInjection] added support for deprecating aliases
- 9876e3a: [Form, TwigBridge] added help_html
- 968e736: [Cache] fixed always pass $key to NullAdapter->createCacheItem
- cd4b031: [VarDumper] improved performance of AbstractCloner
- a6d2114: [Messenger] introducing native php serialize() support for Messenger transport
- 4fbb6e5: [Cache] deprecated all PSR-16 adapters, provide Psr16Cache instead
- d0effcd: [Routing] allow using compiled matchers and generators without dumping PHP code
- 1aa652e: [DependencyInjection] fixed DOM element namespace URL access
Newest issues and pull requests
- Raise notice when controller or service is defined with a starting back slash
- [Messenger] AMQP configuration and MessageBus::dispatch enhancements
- References in PO translation files
- Native PO and MO pluralization
- [Twig], display errors in Bootstrap 4 theme like in official Bootstrap docs
They talked about us
- Symfony 4 Messenger and Beanstalkd Queue Integration
- Use PHP functions in TWIG templates
- How to create an API with Symfony 4 and JWT
Upcoming Symfony Events
- Symfony Vienna User Group Meetup: Vienna, Austria (January 29)
- Treffen der Symfony User Group Hamburg: Hamburg, Germany (February 5)
- Symfony User Group Munich February Edition: Munich, Germany (January 19)
- 7. PHP Symfony User Group Basel: Basel, Switzerland (February 21)
- Symfony Meetup II / 2019: Frankfurt, Germany (March 19)
Call to Action
- Follow Symfony on Twitter and retweet this article.
- Follow Symfony on Medium and clap for this article.
- Subscribe to the Symfony blog RSS and never miss a Symfony story again.
Comments are closed.
To ensure that comments stay relevant, they are closed for old posts.